經典臺詞先讀為快:
1.Being an assistant is boot camp.Being an editor is war.
當助理不過是新兵訓練營,當編輯可是真槍實仗。
2.You have your allies, you have your enemies. Often times you can't tell which is which.
你有同伴,你也有敵人。通常你分不清孰敵孰友。
3.If it means screwing over everyone else? So be it.
如果這意味著搞垮其他所有人,也在所不惜。
4.Well, then you change or you'll be eaten alive.
那你只好改變自己了否則你就會被別人擊垮
影視片花:
臺詞欣賞
Wilhelmina:Already enjoying the perks, I see.
看得出來 你已經在享受待遇了
Betty:Hello, Wilhelmina.
你好 威廉敏娜
It's been a... A rough day.
這真是 難受的一天
Wilhelmina:I hope you're not expecting a pep talk.
我希望你不是想讓我鼓勵你吧
Betty:No. No. God, no.
不 不 上帝啊 不
Wilhelmina:Good.
很好
Betty:Being an editor—It's more complicated than I imagined.
當好一個編輯 比我想象中難多了
Wilhelmina:We're really gonna do this?
我們真的要談這些嗎
Wake up and smell the aromatherapy, Betty.
醒醒吧 聞聞這香料的氣息 貝蒂
Being an assistant is boot camp.Being an editor is war.
當助理不過是新兵訓練營 當編輯可是真槍實仗
You have your allies, you have your enemies.
你有同伴 你也有敵人
Often times you can't tell which is which.
通常你分不清孰敵孰友
Betty:It just sort of feels like I have more enemies than allies right now.
我只是感覺我的敵人比同伴還多
Wilhelmina:Mm, yes, you do.Oh, and by the way-- Malaria, really?
是的 沒錯 哦 對了 那個瘧疾的提案 是真的嗎
Like I would ever put disease-ridden poor people in the pages of this magazine.
我決不會把得了病的窮人登載在這本雜志上的
Betty:How did you know about that?
你怎么知道的
Wilhelmina:I know everything.
我什么都知道
Betty:Well... How does one survive?
怎樣才能在這里生存下來
Wilhelmina:You look out for yourself.
小心照看好自己
If it means screwing over everyone else? So be it.
如果這意味著搞垮其他所有人 也在所不惜
Betty:What if you're not that kind of a person?
如果我不是那樣的人呢
Wilhelmina:Well, then you change or you'll be eaten alive.
那你只好改變自己了否則你就會被別人擊垮