charge with:以......控告
Eg. He is charged with traffic in drug or with drug traffic.
他被指控非法買賣毒品。
Eg. He is brought to court and charged with rape.
他被帶進法庭并被指控犯有強奸罪。
Eg. They were charged with doctoring the election results.
他們因竄改選舉結果而受到控告。
keep tabs on: 監視,密切注意
Eg. Let's keep tabs on expenditures.
讓們密切注意開支情況。
Eg. What you need to do is that you should keep tabs on who's using the phone.
你需要做的就是密切注意誰用這部電話打電話。
show up: 露面
Eg. What puzzles me is why they didn't show up.
令我百思不解的是他們為什么沒有出現。
Eg. What make elaborate preparation for the party, but no one show up
她為了聚會費心準備,但是一個人也沒來。
Eg. Why didn' t you show up at the meeting yesterday ?
昨天的會你怎么沒來參加?
Eg. We be hoping for a full team today but only five player show up
今天我們希望全體隊員都到齊, 但結果只到了五個人。
right now:現在
Eg. And we will send you a replacement right now.
我們會馬上補寄一批貨過去。
Eg. I have no definite ideas in that area right now.
在這方面目前我還沒有具體的想法。
Eg. I think you should call Rita Mae right now.
我想你現在就打電話給Rita Mae。
Eg. He is with someone right now. Would you hold?
他現在在會客。你可以稍等嗎?
break rules:違規
Eg. The students were told not to break any of the rules of the school.
學生們受過告誡,不要違反校規。
Eg. However others might study to break the rules, there were still formalities to be observed.
盡管有人在研究破除習俗,但是仍然還有需要遵循的禮儀。
Eg. The policeman told them it was not right to break the rules.
警察說不遵守交通規則就是不對。
Eg. Now I'm not superstitious, but I also don't want to break the rules.
我倒不是迷信, 但也不想打破這個說法。
fall in love:墜入愛河
Eg. It is strange that he should fall in love with such a snobbish girl.
說來真怪,他居然與那位高傲的女孩子墜入情網。
Eg. It is natural that he should fall in love with such a beautiful girl.
他愛上那位美麗的姑娘是很自然的事。
Eg. A young lady fall in love with the estimable prelate.
一個年輕女士愛上了這位可尊敬的高級教士。
Eg. You always fall in love with women with beautiful eyes!
你老是對電眼美女一見鐘情。
live a life:過生活
Eg. People like to live a life full of variety.
人們喜歡過豐富多彩的生活。
Eg. I like to live a quiet life.
我喜歡過平靜的生活。
Eg. They live a lonely life in a lonely house in the hills.
他們在山中一棟孤零零的房子里過著寂寞的生活。
Eg. The American blacks live a miserable life.
美國黑人過著悲慘的生活。
in case:以防萬一
Eg. We fenced off the lake in case the children should fall in.
我們用籬笆將湖隔開了,以免孩子們掉進去。
Eg. Don' t play by the river in case you fall in and drown !
不要在河邊玩耍,以免你掉到河里淹死。
Eg. Do you have any back-ups in case I cannot be there?
假如我不能來,你們有沒有候補人員?
Eg. It is advisable to keep a little food in reserve in case of emergency.
最好儲備一點食物,以應急需。
send sb a message:發送信息給某人
Eg. I can send a message to you in Canada
我可以給在加拿大的你發郵件。
Eg. I will send a message to Romeo at once.
我會立刻送個訊息給羅密歐。
Eg. Will you oblige me by send him a message?
請你勞駕替我給他送個口信好嗎?
Eg. It's a message you send from one computer to another.
它是你從一臺計算機上發送到另一臺計算機上的信息