影視片花:
臺詞欣賞:
Ms. Fairfax:How do you do, my dear?
親愛的,你好嗎?
Jane:Are you Mrs. Fairfax?
您是Fairfax夫人嗎 ?
Ms. Fairfax:Indeed I am.
我正是。
What a tedious journey you must have had. Your hands must be frozen. Here.
那么久的路程一定很沉悶吧,手肯定凍僵了。來吧。
Goodness. How young you are.
天哪, 你真年輕!
Jane:I'm quite experienced, I can assure you.
我 向您保證經驗豐富 。
Ms. Fairfax:Of course you are. I'm sure we're very lucky to have you.
肯定的 你能來是我們的福氣
Leah, would you ask Martha to bring a little hot port and cut a sandwich or two?
Leah, 請讓Martha拿一點熱葡萄酒和一兩塊三明治來, 好嗎?
Drow nearer the fire.
離壁爐近點。
John is taking your trunk up to your room.
John 把你的行李拿到你的房間了。
I've put you at the back of the house, I hope you don't mind.
你別介意我把你安置在后面的房子了 。
The rooms at the front have much finer furniture, but they're so gloomy and solitary, I think.
前面的房間里雖然有很多高檔家具,但我覺得它們看來陰暗孤寂。
I'm glad you're come.
你能來我真是太高興了。
To be sure, this is a grand old house, but I must confess that in winter one can feel a little dreary and alone.
的確, 這是一棟雄偉的老宅, 但我不得不承認冬天時會有些孤寂冷清。
Leah's a very nice girl, and John and Martha are good people, too,but they are servants.
Leah是個善良的女孩, John 和Martha也都是好人 ,但他們都是仆人。
One cannot talk to them on terms of equality.
和他們談話時要顧及身份。