I'd written a letter to the people I'd met.
我給所有我拜訪過的人寫了一封信
Dear Mister or Missus or Miss,
親愛的先生 女士 小姐
or Abby or Hazelle or Tommy or Elaine,
艾比 何澤爾 湯米 伊萊恩
or anybody I'd met whose last name is Black.
所有我見過的姓布萊克的人
You might remember me.
你們也許還記得我
My name is Oskar Schell.
我叫奧斯卡·謝爾
I came to visit you to see if you could help me find the lock,
我之前拜訪過你們 想在你們的幫助下找到一把鎖
that fit the key I thought my father had left me.
我原以為鑰匙是父親特意留給我的
Most of you were very helpful and nice to me.
大多數人都幫助了我 而且很友好
I want to thank you for that.
謝謝你們所做的
And I want to thank you for the horse ride you gave me,
謝謝你讓我騎馬
and for Taylor's picture of me and my key.
還有泰勒畫的我和鑰匙
You might want to know, the key wasn't meant for me.
你們也許應該知道 鑰匙其實不屬于我
It was meant for a Mr. William Black,
是屬于威廉·布萊克的
who maybe needed it even more than I did.
他可能比我更需要
I was disappointed, obviously,
當然 我很失望
but I'm honestly glad that it's where it belongs.
但我也由衷的高興 它找到了歸屬的人
And I'm even glad to have my disappointment,
我甚至很高興我有失望
which is much better than having nothing.
總比什么都沒有好
My dad told me that New York,
我爸爸曾告訴我
once had a Sixth Borough that floated away.
紐約曾經有個第六區 但是飄走了
They tried to save it, but they couldn't,
他們嘗試拯救 但無能為力
and it's never coming back.
它就這樣消失了
As much as I want him to...
雖然我非常想念爸爸
my dad is never coming back.
但他永遠回不來了
And I thought I couldn't live without him, but now I know I can.
我以為沒有他我活不下去 現在知道 原來我可以
I think that would make my dad proud.
爸爸會因此為我驕傲的
which is all I ever wanted.
這也是我最想得到的