This is Oskar Schell.
奧斯卡·謝爾呼叫
Grandma? Grandma, are you awake?
奶奶 奶奶 你睡了嗎
Over.
完畢
Grandma?
奶奶
It's Grandma. Uh, what is it, sweetheart? Can't you sleep?
奶奶在這 怎么了甜心 睡不著嗎
Do you want me to come over? Over.
要我過來嗎 完畢
Did Dad evermentiona special key to you, Grandma? Over.
爸爸有沒有跟你提過一把鑰匙 完畢
A special key?
一把鑰匙
I don't think so, no. A special key? What for?
應該沒有 開什么的呀
What was this special key for?
這鑰匙是開什么的
Over.
完畢
Is the Renter home? Over.
租客回來了嗎 完畢
The Renter? No, no, he's never home this early. Over.
他從不這么早回來 完畢
Grandma had rented a room to a man.
爸爸出事三周后
three weeks after the worst day.
奶奶把一間房租給了別人
Why is the Renter's door always closed?
他的門怎么總關著
And why can I never meet him?
我為什么總見不到他
He likes quiet.
他喜歡安靜
Why can't you tell me anything about him?
你怎么都不跟我說起他
He's someone I knew in the old country. Now play.
他是我來美國前認識的 彈琴吧
How long will he be here?
他要住多久
He never stays any place for long.
他從不在一個地方待太久
Is he dangerous?
他是壞人嗎
If you ever see him, don't say anything.
你要是見到他 別說話
He can get veryangry. Now play.
他會很暴躁的 彈琴吧
What have you found, Oskar? Over.
奧斯卡 你發現了什么 完畢
Oskar, are you still there?
奧斯卡 還在聽嗎
Oskar?
奧斯卡
It's for some kind of lock box.
好像是開箱子鎖的
It's not like any of these. It's thicker, harder to break.
它不像這些鑰匙 它更厚實 不容易折
But it's not for a fixed safe, I don't think.
但我覺得 不是開保險柜的
Could be a safe deposit box, post office box.
可能是銀行保管箱 或者郵局信箱的
It's old. Maybe 20, 30 years old.
有年頭了 有二三十年吧
How can I find the company that made it?
我怎么找到生產它的公司呢
Anyone could've made it.
誰都能做
Then how do I find the lock that it fits?
那要怎么找它開的鎖呢
I'mafraidI can't help you there,
這我恐怕幫不了你
unless you wanna try it in anything you come across.
除非你看到個鎖就試一下
You never know what a key's gonna fit.
一把鑰匙 很難找到歸屬
There are a million different possibilities.
有百萬種可能
That's what I love about keys. They all open something.
所以我喜歡鑰匙 每把都能打開一樣東西