ARMAND: We live in there. Let me show you.
阿爾芒:我們住在這兒。跟我來。
LOUIS: Monstrous.
路易:令人稱奇。
ARMAND: Yes, and very beautiful. Welcome to my home!
阿爾芒:是的,而且美麗無比。歡迎光臨寒舍!
ARMAND: Try him.
阿爾芒:嘗嘗吧。
ARMAND: Two vampires from the new world, come to guide us into the new era as all we love slowly rots and fades away.
阿爾芒:兩個吸血鬼,從新世界來,指引我們進入新的紀元,我們都將慢慢腐爛,慢慢消逝。
LOUIS: Are you the leader of this group?
路易:你是他們的頭兒嗎?
ARMAND: If there were a leader, I would be the one.
阿爾芒:如果有頭兒的話,我就是。
LOUIS: So you have the answers...
路易:那你一定有答案……
ARMAND: You have questions?
阿爾芒:你有問題嗎?
LOUIS: What are we?
路易:我們是什么?
ARMAND: Nothing if not vampires...
阿爾芒:除了吸血鬼,什么也不是……
LOUIS: Who made us what we are?
路易:誰締造了我們?
ARMAND: Surely you know the one who made you...
阿爾芒:你當然知道是誰締造你的……
LOUIS: Yes. But the one who made him, the source of all this evil...
路易:是的。但又是誰締造了他,所有的這些……邪惡……
ARMAND: I understand. I saw you in the theatre, your suffering, your sympathy for that girl. You die when you kill, you feel you deserve to die and you stint on nothing. But does that make you evil? Or since you comprehend what you call goodness, does it not make you good?
阿爾芒:我明白了。我在劇院看到你,你的痛苦,你對那女孩的同情。在你殺人時,你從內心死去,你感到自己該死,所以什么也不珍視。但這就讓你邪惡嗎?就像你理解那個你稱之為善良的東西,那就讓你變得善良了嗎?
LOUIS: Then there is nothing.
路易:所以無所謂善惡?
ARMAND: Perhaps...And perhaps this is the only real evil left...
阿爾芒:或許吧……又或者我們就是唯一的邪惡……
LOUIS: Then God does not exist...
路易:那上帝并不存在……
ARMAND: I know nothing of God or the Devil, I have never seen a vision nor learnt a secret that would damn or save my soul. And as far as I know, after four hundred years I am the oldest living vampire in the world.
阿爾芒:我不知道什么上帝或是惡魔,所有幻象或是秘密都讓我活得更舒服。而且就我所知,四百年來,我是這個世界上僅存的最古老的吸血鬼。