本人是不折不扣的歐美電影和美劇迷,閑暇之余,總愛打著學英語的幌子到處涉獵歐美電影和觀賞美劇。真是“有心栽花花不發,無心插柳柳成陰...”沒想到這日子一長,還真從中吸引到了不少知識。現在一談學英語,腦子里就充斥著電影和美劇,當學習和娛樂纏綿得太久,便形成了一種相互依耐的習慣。我時常在一邊享受著心靈顫悅的同時,一邊收集著知識的碩果,以下是我這幾年看電影學英語過程中,精心收集的歐美電影俚語,已整理成中英文對照版本,現拿出來與大家分享。希望大家多多支持,相互勉勵哦!
- Are you an item now? 你們現在是一對嗎?
- It takes a lot of grit to be a social worker. 做社工需要很大的勇氣。
- As long as I can still draw my breath, as long as there is still one ounce of dignity in my blood, I will live by myself and take care of myself. (我很喜歡這句--摘自 The king of Queens。- Don't keep your feelings bottled up. 別把什么心事都藏在心里 ) (注:QUEENS 是紐約市的一個區, 自己領會噢)
- You smell expensive. (你看起來很高貴?) - Oh, good eye. (噢,好眼力) - She will take away your breath. (她會讓你非常驚訝的 (因她的才能或美貌 ))
- My life is at stake. 我的生命危在旦夕。
- I couldn't have asked for a better going away present. 我不能要求更好的離別禮物 (這是我收到的最好的離別禮物)
- Would you like to grab a bite with me. 你愿意和我一起吃飯嗎?
-I can't stand a bunch of guys picking on one guy. 我看不慣很多人和起來欺負一個人
- He is big on family。 他把家庭看的很重。
- I will not let so many things get to me. 我不會讓這么多的事影響我的。
- Follow my lead. 跟我來。
- Sorry, that was my bad, I promise it won't happen again. my bad (片語)我的錯, 用于承認錯誤的話,表示道歉
- That new Mercedes is a sweet car. sweet (形容詞)好的,有趣的,可愛的
- This year, all my visits in China will be cold calls. cold call (名詞)意外訪問, 拜訪以前從未見過的人,或給預期的客戶打電話,希望能夠賣些東西給他們
- This new music album is the bomb; it is too good to be true. the bomb (名詞)非常好的,最好的, 好的沒得說
- His parents are too tight-fisted! They never spend a cent. tight-fisted: (形容詞) 過份節儉的。 very frugal; unwilling to spend money unnecessarily.
- I am not a tightwad. tightwad: (名詞) 吝嗇鬼 someone who is very frugal and unwilling to spend money unnecessarily.
- I have taken the raunchy pictures out. Rated PG-13 for content. 我已經去掉所有的淫穢相片。 現在的內容是PG-13 (老少皆宜)。 Rated PG-13的反義是Rated-R (有些畫面少兒不宜)。 這兩詞通常用于電影業。每部電影EITHER Rated ”PG-13“ OR “Rated-R”。
- Beautiful young girls are too high maintenance. high maintenance (形容詞)難對付
- He has been divorced for two years, so he's desperate to get laid. get laid同別人睡覺,(片語)發生性關系
- I've got to go home to have some face time with my parents. face time(名詞)與某人當面交談的時間
- If you quote me, I will deny it. 如果你說那是我說的,我決不會承認的。
- You've got spunk. Spunk = courage
- Fall back! They are in front of us. Damn it! We are cut off. (我們被包圍了)
- Surrender now and you will be shown mercy. 現在投降吧,爭取從輕發落.