Victoria:Victoria Aragon. I'm sorry about the bus. Um...I feel terrible. All the problems I've caused you. You should just keep going. Who knows what will happen next? 我叫Victoria Aragon。汽車上的事兒,真是對不起。我感覺很不好意思。給你帶來這么多麻煩。你應該繼續走自己的。誰知道接下來還會發生什么。
Paul:There's always the possibility of a forest fire, I suppose. Why aren't you on the bus? 我猜,有可能是一場森林大火。你怎么下車了?
Victoria:My stop. 我到站了。
Paul:You're waiting for a ride. 你在等人吧。
Victoria:No. No. A miracle. He's going to kill me. 不,不。在等一個奇跡。他會殺了我的。
Paul:Who? 誰?
Victoria:My father. 我父親。
Paul:If you're still worried about that picture... 哦,如果你還在擔心那個照片……
Victoria:It's not about the picture. Oh, God. 不是照片的事兒。哦,上帝啊。
Paul:Look, it's none of my business, but if you'd like to talk about it... 'I was not meant for the conventions of this world, not meant to be tied down. I'm a...free spirit." Who's a free spirit? 這不關我的事兒,但是如果你愿意談談的話……“我不想被世俗所限,更不想被其羈絆。我是一個自由的靈魂。”誰是自由的靈魂?
Victoria:My professor. He and I were... We... We were...我的教室。他和我……我,我們……
Paul:I don’t know your father. But I don't think just because some free spirit broke up with you... 我不認識你的爸爸,不過我覺得不會因為這個自由的靈魂和你分手了……
Victoria:I'm pregnant. 我懷孕了。
Paul:Oh. You're very upset. I can understand that. Definitely understand that. But, Victoria, look at the positive side. It's a new life coming into the world. That's a miracle in itself, right? 你一定很難過。我能理解。非常能理解。但是,Victoria,看看光明的一面。一個新生命就要來到這個世界了。這本身就是個奇跡,對嗎?
Victoria:"I will kill anyone who dishonors my family." How many times has he said that? A hundred times, a million times? “我會殺了為家族抹黑的人。”這話他說了多少遍?一百遍?一千遍?
Paul:I'm sure it's just a figure of speech. 我想他就是說說而已。
Victoria:My father means what he says. Always. He's... He's very old-fashioned. If I come home this way without a husband, he'll kill me. I know he will. 我爸爸言出必行的。總是這樣。他,他非常的保守。如果我沒帶丈夫,這樣回家,他會殺了我。我知道他會的。
Paul:How about if you do show up with a husband? 那假如你帶著丈夫出現了呢?
Victoria:Who does what,comes for the day and then just leaves? 誰這么做?來兩天又離開。
Paul:Sure. Comes to meet the family, stays one night, leaves in the morning, writes a letter saying he's...對。見見家人,住一晚,第二天一早離開,留張紙條說他……
拋棄了我。
Victoria:Abandoned me.Paul:It happens. 有這樣的事兒吧。
Victoria:You're very kind for trying to help me. Maybe it might work., but there’s nobody. 你真的很好心這樣努力幫我。也許這個有用吧,但是找誰呢?
Paul:Miss Aragon. Victoria, there’s me. Aragon小姐。Victoria, 我可以。