-Tony: You didn't? Well, good, because that would be outlandish and... fantastic. I'm just not the hero type, clearly.
沒有?那很好,因為那種想法是很奇怪...而且荒謬的。我明顯不是當英雄的料。
With this... long list of character defects and all the mistakes I've made largely in public.
我...大把的缺點,公然犯了許多的...錯誤。——《鋼鐵俠》
outlandish: 稀奇古怪的,奇異的
An outlandish glow came from the UFO.
從不明飛行物上發出奇特的光。
Her views on children are rather outlandish.
她對兒童的看法很奇怪.
fantastic: 極好的,不可思議的,難以置信的
We watched a fantastic play yesterday evening.
昨天晚上我們看了一場非常精彩的演出。
It is so fantastic that a child of 5 can speak so good English.
真難以置信,一個五歲的孩子英語竟然說得這么好。
defect: 缺點,缺陷
If it were not for this defect, I shall hire him at once.
如果不是因為這個缺點,我會馬上雇用他。
The new car had to be withdrawn from the market because of a mechanical defect.
那種新汽車因有機械缺陷只好撤出市場。
-Tony: I know that it's confusing... It is one thing to question the official story.
我知道有點不可思議...對官方解釋的置疑是一回事。
And another entirely to make wild accusations or insinuate that I'm a superhero.
但含沙射影地說我是超級英雄...并譴責我就是另外一回事了。——《鋼鐵俠》
insinuate: 暗示,含沙射影的說
He insinuated his doubt of her ability.
他暗示了他對她能力的懷疑。
I didn't insinuate anybody or anything.
我并未影射如何人或任何事。
It seems to me you insinuate things about her.
我覺得你講起她來,總有些弦外之音。
There's been speculation that I was involved in the events that occurred on a freeway and the rooftop.
有人懷疑我跟高速路及公司屋頂上的事故有關。——《鋼鐵俠》
speculation: 關于…的猜測
They have much speculation over the cause of the air crash.
他們對飛機墜毀原因有多方推測。
speculate v. 推測,猜測
The doctors speculate that he died of cancer.
醫生推測他死于癌癥。
speculate+about+名詞結構/句子
We can only speculate about the future.
我們只能推測將來。