-Mrs. Geller: What that Rachel did to her life.... We ran into her parents at the club, they were not playing very well.
Rachel到底怎么了? 我們在俱樂部遇見她父母他們很不開心
-Mr. Geller: I'm not gonna tell you what they spent on that wedding,but forty thousand dollars is a lot of money!
我不想講他們為婚禮花了些什么,但是4萬塊不是小數目.
-Mrs. Geller: Well, at least she had the chance to leave a man at the altar.
至少她有機會把一個男人留在教堂里的圣壇.
-Monica: What's that supposed to mean?
什么意思?
-Mrs. Geller: Nothing! It's an expression.
沒什么,隨口說說而已.
-Monica: No it's not.
不,不是的.
-Mr. Geller: Don't listen to your mother. You're independent, and you always have been!
別聽你媽亂講話.你很獨立,而且一直都是.
Even when you were a kid and you were chubby, and you had no friends, you were just fine!
就連你小時候胖嘟嘟,一個朋友也沒有的時候,你還是活的好好的.
And you would read alone in your room, and your puzzles.
你會待在你房里看書,玩拼圖
[Time Lapse.]
-Mr. Geller: Look, there are people like Ross who need to shoot for the stars, with his museum, and his papers getting published.
像Ross 這種人則追求卓越,博物館,出版論文.
Other people are satisfied with staying where they are- I'm telling you, these are the people who never get cancer.
其他人則安于現狀,告訴你,這樣的人不會的癌癥的
they are happy with what they have, they are basically content like cows.
他們對擁有的一切都很開心,就像奶牛.
-Ross: cows? dad?
奶牛?爸爸?
-Mr. Geller: She know how much I love cows.
她知道我有多喜歡奶牛.
[Time Lapse.]
-Mr. Geller: ...And I read about these women trying to have it all, and I thank God 'Our Little Harmonica' doesn't seem to have that problem.
我還知道,這些女人想擁有一切。幸好我們家的小Harmonica似乎沒有這種問題.