劇情簡介
曾經風光無限的企業家沃爾特·布萊克(梅爾·吉布森飾)在經歷了讓他痛苦欲絕的金融風暴之后瀕臨破產,意志越來越消沉的他還患上了抑郁癥,縱使妻兒一直對他不離不棄,但他自己早已放棄了自己,在他對自己的家人動粗之后,他被心灰意冷的家人拒之門外,流浪街頭。在垃圾箱旁邊喝得爛醉沃爾特準備草草結束自己的生命,但這個時候,一只自稱是海貍的布偶出現了,沃爾特借著醉意和海貍打起了招呼,這只布偶甚至還讓他放棄了輕生的念頭。
隨后,沃爾特在海貍的幫助下重新開始審視自己的生活,妻子梅瑞迪斯(朱迪·福斯特飾)和兒子珀特(安東·尤金飾)也開始接受了振作的沃爾特,而海貍更讓沃爾特的公司起死回生,可是海貍的真實身份究竟是什么?沃爾特真的重新振作了嗎?
Is this some kind of a joke?
這是玩笑嗎?
No, hardly, love. Nothing funny about it.
不,不是,親愛的, 這一點也不好玩
Stop it with the puppet!
別舉著木偶說話
All right. I'm confused, Walter,and I need some answers right now.
好吧,我很困惑,沃爾特,我現在需要一些解釋
He said if I stick with it that maybe...
他說,如果我和它在一起,可能…
He? Who said that?
他?誰說的?
Dr. Macy.
梅西醫生
Dr. Macy? You quit seeing him.
梅西醫生?你已經放棄治療了
Well, I went back.
呃,我又回去了
So this is some kind of a program?
所以,這是種治療方式?
I'll field that one. Yes, Meredith.The answer is yes.
是的,梅雷迪思,我在接受這種治療
That is exactly what it is.
情況正是這樣
I know it seems radical,but in cases like Walter's,cases where all else has been known to fail,it's proven quite effective.
我知道這看上去有點極端,但像沃爾特這樣的案例,在其他治療方法都行不通的情況下,這種方法相當有效
But if it's going to work,it's going to need your full support.
但是想要有療效,就需要你的全力支持
It's very big in Sweden.
這在瑞典很普遍
HENRY: I couldn't find it.
我找不到
Ah. No worries.I best be on me bike.
哦,不要擔心,我自己來
You're not leaving, are you?
你不會走,對吧?
Don't worry.I'll come back this weekend, then.
別擔心,我周末會回來的
But you have to stay for dinner!Mom, let him stay for dinner!
但是你得留下來吃晚飯。媽媽,讓他留下來吃晚飯
Look, it's all right.I don't need to.
聽著,不用留我吃晚飯,沒有必要
Please, Mom, let him stay for dinner.
拜托了,媽媽,留他吃晚飯
I'll come back this weekend, then.
我周末就會回來的
Come on.
拜托了
It's okay. Just for dinner.
好的,只吃晚餐
Please, Mom.
拜托了,媽媽
Yeah!
耶!
Well, right, then.Let's tidy up the garage so we can mess up the kitchen.
喔,這樣的話,好的。一起收拾好車庫,就可以去吃晚飯了
Come on. Don't touch anything sharp.
來,別碰尖的東西