“我不得不提醒自己有些鳥是不能關在籠子里的。”
“Their feathers are just too bright.”
“它們的羽毛太光亮。”
“And when they fly away the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.”
“當它們飛走的時候,你會覺得把它們關起來是種罪惡。”
rejoice v. 欣喜
I always rejoice in my comrades' achievements.
我總是為同志們的成就感到高興。
We rejoiced at the good news.
我們為這個好消息而高興。
They all rejoiced to hear the happy news.
他們都很樂于聽到這個令人高興的消息。
“But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.”
“但是,它們的離開讓你生活的地方空蕩蕩的。”
“I guess I just miss my friend.”
“我想我大概是太想念老朋友了。”
drab: 單調的
The life of a person who never does anything is dull and drab.
如果一個人的一生什么事情都沒有做是多么遲鈍和單調。
Don't wear blue tonight, it's too drab.
今晚不要穿藍色衣服,顯得太單調。
-Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here or because you think I should.
沒有一天我不感到后悔的。不是因為我在監獄里,或者你認為我該這樣。
regret n./v. 后悔
We informed her with regret of our decision.
我們遺憾地把我們的決定通知她。
She immediately regretted her decision.
她做出決定后立即感到后悔。
-Red: “Forty years I've been asking permission to piss. I can't squeeze a drop without say-so.”
“四十年來我小便都要經過批準,不批準的話一滴都尿不出來。”
squeeze: 擠
擠壓,壓榨
Kara squeezed the bottle, and the water rushed out.
卡拉擠壓著那個瓶子,水一下子噴了出來。
Don't squeeze his hand; it makes him yell out in pain.
不要擠他的手,他會疼得高聲喊叫。
The lemon looks dry to me, but you may be able to squeeze out a few drops.
那個檸檬看來已經干了,但也許你還能擠出幾滴汁來。
“For the second time in my life, I’m guilty of committing a crime. Parole violation.”
“我一生中第二次,犯了罪,違反了假釋條例。”
violation: 違反
The drunken driver was brought to the police station for violation of traffic regulations.
這個喝醉了的司機因違反交通規則而被帶進了警察局。
From now on any violation of the regulation must be cruelly punished.
今后任何違反秩序的行為會受到嚴厲懲罰。
They were in open violation of the treaty.
他們公然違反條約。