“And Bogs would never walk again. ”
“而Bogs再也沒有站起來。”
“They transferred him to a minimum-security hospital upstate.”
“他被送到一個特殊醫院去。”
“To my knowledge, he lived out the rest of his days...
“據我所知,他在下半生中……
drinking his food through a straw.”
都只能靠飲吸管進食。”
transfer: 轉移,調離
The exhibition was transferred to another city two days later.
兩天后,這個展會轉移到另外一個城市。
She has been transferred to another department.
她已被調往另一個部門。
He intends to transfer the property to his son.
他打算把財產轉讓給兒子。
-Andy: issued you a gun, but you paid for it.
所以Moresby監獄……配給你一支槍,但要你自己付錢。
-Man: Right. The holster too.
對,連手槍皮套也是。
-Andy: That's tax-deductible. You can write that off.
那可以減免稅款,你可把它記下來。
tax-deductible: 可免稅的
deduct v. 扣除,減免
Do not deduct to commission from the value of the consignment.
不要從貨物的價值中扣除傭金。It is not the bank's policy to deduct interest on withdrawal.
提款需扣除利息這并非是本銀行的政策。
You may deduct your families health insurance.
你可以扣除你的家庭健康保險.
-Heywood: Nothing. I come in here to say farewell. Ain't you heard?
沒什么,我只是進來和他道別。難到你沒聽說?
His parole's come through.
他獲得假釋。
parole: 假釋出獄
Prisoners are entitled to apply for parole.
囚犯有權申請假釋。
The parole board recommend him for parole.
假釋委員會推薦給他假釋。
He was given a week's parole to visit his mother in hospital.
他被給予一周的假釋去看他在醫院的母親。
Dear Mr. Dufresne: In response to your inquiries...
親愛的Dufresne先生。應你的來信請求,
the state has allocated the enclosed funds for your library project. This is $ 200.
州政府撥給……你的圖書館計劃經費,這是200元。
allocate: 分派,分配
They will allocate fund for housing.
他們將撥出經費建房。
4The manager allocate duties to the clerks.
經理為店員分配工作。
enclosed: 被附上的
enclose v. 附上
With respect to your enquiry, I enclose an explanatory leaflet.
關于你的詢問,茲附上有關說明資料。
We enclose a list showing our present availability.
茲附上我方現時可以供應的貨單一張。
We enclose the receipt for the draft, and be good enough to overlook our request for a remittance.
同函奉上匯款收據一張,懇請原諒我方索匯通知。
All the wounded soldiers transfer to a special hospital.
所有傷員都將轉到一個特別的醫療治療。
一旦扣除你的費用,就什么也沒有了
He's hoping to get parole.
他希望獲得假釋。
You must allocate the money carefully.
你們必須謹慎地分配錢。
I enclose herewith two copies of the contract.
隨函寄上合同副本兩份。