我只是想確認她加入黨衛軍是否出于自愿。
ascertain: 確認,確定
I ascertain that he was murdered.
我確定他是被謀殺的。
I ascertained the disease to be diphtheria.
我確定該病為白喉。
I'm going to ascertain the truth.
我要查明真相。
► Hanna: I was working at Siemens when I heard the SS was recruiting.
我在西門子工作時,聽說黨衛軍在招人。
recruit: 招募,征兵,招聘
We are having difficulties in recruiting well-qualified staff.
我們難以招募到素質好的職員。
His job was to recruit for the army.
他的工作是為陸軍募兵。
We lower the standards in order to recruit real talents.
我們降低標準是為了招納真正的人才。
► I started out believing in this trial. I thought it was great.
我一開始還相信這將是場偉大的審判。
Now, I think it's... it's just a diversion.
現在,我覺得這只不過是在轉移視線。
-Rohl: Yes? Diversion from what?
是嗎?從哪里轉移視線?
diversion: 注意力(從工作、關心的事物等處的)分散
A smoke bomb created a diversion while the robbery took place.
劫案發生時,一枚煙霧彈轉移了人們的視線。
One of the gang created a diversion in the street while the others robbed the bank.
一名匪徒在街上制造事端引人注目,其余匪徒則搶劫銀行。
► You'd be charged, you might even be executed?
你們會受到懲罰,甚至處決?
execute: 處決
The general gave the word to execute the deserters.
將軍下令處決逃兵。
► Lawyer: I don't see how that's appropriate.
我認為這不合適。
appropriate: 合適的
You will be informed of the details at the appropriate time.
在適當的時候將把詳情告訴你。
Plain, simple clothes are appropriate for school wear.
簡單樸素的衣服適合在學校里穿。