Mr. Dufresne, describe
杜弗倫先生 請你描述
the confrontation you had with your wife the night she was murdered.
命案當晚和妻子爭吵的情形
It was very bitter.
我們吵的很兇
She said she was glad I knew,that she hated all the sneaking around.
她說不怕我知道,她討厭偷偷摸摸
And she said that she wanted a divorce in Reno.
她還說 想去雷諾市辦離婚
What was your response?
你怎樣回答?
I told her I would not grant one.
我拒絕離婚
"I'll see you in hell before I see you in Reno."
"你別想活著去雷諾市"
Those were your words, according to your neighbors.
鄰居作證你說過這句話
If they say so.
也許吧
I really don't remember. I was upset.
我氣炸了 記不清楚
What happened after you argued with your wife?
你們吵完以后呢?
She packed a bag.
她收拾行李
She packed a bag to go and stay with Mr. Quentin.
她收拾行李去跟昆丁先生住一起
Glenn Quentin, golf pro at the Snowden Hills Country Club
葛蘭·昆丁 鄉村俱樂部的高球教練
whom you had discovered was your wife's lover.
你最近才發現 他是你太太的情夫
Did you follow her?
你跟蹤她嗎?
I went to a few bars first.
我先去酒吧買醉
Later, I drove to his house to confront them. They weren't home.
然后去他家 但沒人在
I parked in the turnout
我停了車
and waited.
等他們
With what intention?
用意何在?
I'm not sure.
我不確定
drunk.
糊里糊涂
mostly I wanted to scare them.
最多只是嚇嚇他們
I think
我想
When they arrived, you went up to the house and murdered them.
結果他們一回來 你就沖進屋殺了他們
No, I was sobering up.
不 我逐漸酒醒
I got back in the car and I drove home to sleep it off.
開車回家睡覺
Along the way, I threw my gun into the Royal River.
路中 把槍丟入皇家河
I've been very clear on this point.
我已講的很清楚
I get hazy where the cleaning woman shows up the following morning
但清潔婦隔天早晨上工時
and finds your wife in bed with her lover
發現床上的雙尸
riddled with.38-caliber bullets.
身上滿是三八的彈孔
Does that strike you as a fantastic coincidence, or is it just me?
你不覺得這很巧嗎? 還是只有我這么想?
Yes, it does.
是 很巧
Yet you still maintain you threw your gun into the river
但你仍聲稱早在案發之前
before the murders took place.
就已丟棄了槍
That's very convenient.
這種說法很省事
It's the truth.
這是實話
The police dragged that river for three days, and nary a gun was found
警方打撈三天都沒找到
so no comparison could be made
這樣就無法比對
between your gun and the bullets
你的手槍和
taken from the bloodstained corpses of the victims.
受害者尸體上的彈痕
And that also
所以呢
is very convenient. Isn't it, Mr. Dufresne?
這樣很省事,不是嗎,杜弗倫先生?
Since I am innocent of this crime
我是清白的
I find it decidedly inconvenient that the gun was never found.
所以找不到槍反而很費事
n. 罷工,打擊,毆打
v. 打,撞,罷工,劃