1. have problem with“在...出現問題”;
Do you have a problem with the contract?
對于本合同有問題嗎?
We have never had a problem with embezzlement at this bank.
我們這家銀行從沒發生過貪污案件。
Have you ever had a problem with vomiting?
你曾有過嘔吐的問題嗎?
情景對話:
A: The doctor said that this medicine is still under test. 醫生說這種藥物還在試用階段。
B: Yes, so if you have any probelm with it, stop take it. 如果該藥使你不舒服,就別服用了。
2. in the world 做插入語時意思是”究竟,到底“;
What in the world are they hoping for?
他們到底想要什么?
What in the world do you mean?
你的意思究竟是什么?
情景對話:
A: Why on earth didn't you tell me the truth? 你到底為什么不跟我說實話?
B: I'll tell you if you could keep a secret. 如果你能保密,我就告訴你。
3. what if...要是...怎么辦(怎樣)
What if the stairs collapse?
要是樓梯塌下來怎么辦呢?
What if amicable negotiations fail?
如果通過友好協商還是解決不了,那怎么辦呢?
情景對話:
A: What if I fail! 即使我失敗了又怎樣!
B: Just take easy, keep faith! 放松點,堅持信念!
4. wave goodbye 揮手道別
As I waved goodbye to them, I reflected on the significance of what I had seen.
在我和他們揮手道別時,我思索著我見到的一切有什么意義。
He waved goodbye.
他揮手告別。
情景對話:
A: Why are you so sad, my dear? 親愛的,你怎么這么傷心呢?
B: For I have to wave goodbye to my parents and go back to school tomorrow. 因為明天我就要跟爸媽說再見,要回學校了。
5. live with除了表示”在某人住在一起",還可表示”容忍,忍受“;
I don't enjoy the pain, but I can live with it.
我雖然不以疼痛為樂,但還可以忍受。
Can you live with this arrangement?
你能接受這樣的安排嗎?
情景對話:
A: I cannot figure how he could live with his wife's bad temper. 我真不明白,他怎么忍受得了妻子的壞脾氣。
B: Yeah, that woman is indeed terrible. 是的,那女人真的很可怕。
6. show up 露面,出現
Did everyone show up for the party?
那次聚會大家都到了嗎?
The witness failed to show up.
證人沒有到場。
情景對話:
A: Did your boy friend take you at the airport? 你男朋友去機場接你了嗎?
B: Yeah, he showed up with a bouquet of flowers. 去了,他捧著一束花出現的。