154.Why I Love Mondays
154.我為什么喜歡星期一
I love that Monday morning feeling! Most people don't!
我喜歡星期一上午的感覺!大多數人都不喜歡。
They want to be like a migratory bird and fly away!
因為他們想像候鳥那樣飛走!
But I'm more than happy to start each week fresh,
可是每當開始新的一周我都非常高興,
and more often than not, I think I make other people like it better too!
認為我往往會使其他人也更加喜歡星期一上午的感覺!
One day I was particularly happy!
有一天我特別髙興!
I mixed in with the crowd outside my building walking to work and just smiled at everyone.
我與樓外去上班的人群混在一起,朝每個人微笑著。
Some were more or less happy to return a smile; others told me to mind my own business.
有些人或多或少有些髙興,也朝我笑笑,有些人則叫我管自己的事。
One man mistook me for an escapee from an insane asylum.
有一個人誤以為我是從精神病院逃跑出來的。
But most of all I don't worry about other people on Mondays.
可最重要的是,星期一我不用擔心別人。
I take my mineral water, my lunch bag and head for work!
我拿著礦泉水、午飯包,然后去上班!
It helps that I have the greatest job in the world-I'm an astronomer!
我有世界上最偉大的工作,這讓我感覺很好——因為我是個天文學家!
I get to stare into space all day long, looking for new galaxies at the edge of the Milky Way!
我得整天凝視太空,在銀河系邊上尋找新的星系!
Some people miss the point in doing this as well!
有些人還無法領會這項工作的含義!
They say that I'm all mixed up, that I shouldn't bother with vast empty spaces!
他們說我整個給弄糊涂了,我不應該跟虛無縹渺的太空較勁!
I just tell them that I mode myself after Stephen Hawking-
我只是告訴他們我以史蒂芬·霍金為榜樣一
that I want to answer the questions no one ever asks! That shuts them up!
我想回答一些誰都不曾提過的問題!這下他們便無話可說了!
And then I have to deal with the weekends mixing with other people! I prefer the stars more and more!
然后我還得應付周末,和其他人打交道!我越來越喜歡星星了!
I guess that's why I love Mondays so much.
我想這就是我為什么喜歡星期一的原因。
I have a whole week in front of me of doing what I love to do best!
整個星期就在我面前,我可以做我最喜歡做的工作!