155.Moving
155.搬家
"Okay, okay. Name the day and we'll move off the campus!"
"行啦,行啦。確定一個日期,我們就搬出校園!"
Kelly groaned as she put her mystery novel down on the table.
凱利一邊哼哼一邊把她的偵探小說放在桌上。
"But you know that this dormitory is named after my father. They'll be hurt that I'm moving away!"
"可是你們知道這個宿舍是以我父親命名的。我搬出去他們會傷心的!"
"My goodness. You've got to nail colors to mast! Declare your independence! They'll get over it!
"我的天!你得堅持!宣布獨立吧!他們會沒事的!
Think of all the parties we can finally have in our own place!" Jenny replied.
想想那些舞會吧,那些我們終于能在自己的地方舉辦的舞會!"詹妮回答說。
"And all the work!" Kelly added.
"還有所有的工作!"凱利補充道。
"I moved away from home to not have to wash dishes, vacuum, and wash windows anymore, you know!"
"我從家里搬出去,這樣就不用洗碗、吸塵、擦窗戶了,你知道嗎?"
"You had to do chores at home?" Jenny asked in surprise.
"你得在家干家務活兒呀?"詹妮吃驚地問。
"I thought you were so rich. Didn't you have a maid?"
"我想你們家那么有錢。你們家沒有傭人嗎?"
"Yeah, but my parents were much less interested in having her do everything,
"有的,可我父母對讓她包攬所有的活兒不那么感興趣,
than in teaching me the value of hard work!
他們對教我樹立勞動觀念更感興趣!
Now if we move out of the dorm, I'll have to do all of that work again!"
如果我們現在搬出宿舍,我又得干所有的活兒了!"
"Oh, Kelly! C'mon! We'll do it all together! I even have a place nailed down!
"啊,凱利,放心吧!我們會一起做的!我甚至確定了一個地方!
It's not much to look at with the naked eye, but it's great on the inside!"
它的外表用肉眼看并不起眼,可里面棒極了!"
"Alright?" Kelly sighed. "Move along. Let's start packing!
"好吧,"凱利嘆道。"別停留,我們開始打點行李吧!"
"Great! And don't worry! You'll see!
"太棒啦!別擔心。你會看到的。
We're moving on to bigger and better things, where we can move around and do whatever we want!
我們換的是更大更好的地方,在那里我們可以走來走去,想做什么就做什么!
And once we move into the place we can have our first party with all the cute boys we know!"
一搬進去我們就可以開第一個舞會,把我們認識的帥哥都請來!"
"Okay. Name names and I'll start moving faster …" Kelly said with a smile.
"好。說出他們的名字,我會動作更快一些……"凱利笑著說。