50.At the Club Meeting Afterwards
50.在后來的俱樂部會議上
Martha took the coffee pot and poured several coffe cups until they were full.
瑪莎拿出咖啡壺把幾只咖啡杯倒滿了。
"And it was sold already!" she said to her friends.
“都賣完啦!”她對朋友說。
"You could have coaxed your boss into letting you go out for a couple minutes!" Kelly said.
“你可以哄老板讓你出去一兩分鐘嘛!”凱利說。
"He should get a clue to what is important to his employees!"
對于員工來說什么東西重要,他應該有些線索的!
"I agree. It sucks!" said Judy.
你說得對!她真討厭!朱迪說。
"I would have emtied my whole clothes closet for that piece you almost had!"
為了你那差不多到手的東西,我愿意把整個衣櫥空出一遍!“
All the other girls clustered around agreed.
周圍所有其他女孩認為是這樣。
It was their first club meeting of the month and Martha had just told how she had almost bought the item they were all dreaming of.
這是他們這個月第一次俱樂部會議,瑪莎剛剛告訴她們她是如何差不多買到她們都夢寐以求的東西。
"I'll just have to wait until another one is being sold," Martha said as she put her coffee spoon into the cup and served.
我只能等到下次再買的時候了,瑪莎把咖啡勺放進端上來的咖啡杯時說。
"At least I was able to buy this nice coffee set the next day!"
至少我在第二天買到了這套漂亮的咖啡具!
"Yeah, it is nicer than the ones at the coffee shop!
不錯,比咖啡店的要好!
And their coffee service is so poor, too!
他們那叫什么咖啡具!
I like it best when we drink our own coffee." Kelly said.
我最喜歡自己用它喝咖啡。凱利說。
"If only I could get coffee this good during my coffee break!
要是我能在喝咖啡休息時間里喝到這么好的咖啡就好啦!
That coffee makes my mouth feel like it's coated with paste afterwards."
那種咖啡喝過之后我的嘴就像涂了漿糊一樣。
"So do you think you'll find another one, Martha?" Judy asked.
那你想另外找一種咖啡是嗎, 瑪莎?朱迪問。
"Someday. All I know is that I'm going to clutch at straws until I have it.
有那么一天吧。我只知道我會做最后的絕望掙扎,直到我如愿以償。
And I'm going to keep some closet space open just for when I do get it!"
我會一直留出一點壁櫥空間來,就等那一天的到來!
"You do that, Martha!" They all said. "You do that and keep looking!"
就這么辦,瑪莎!她們都說。就這么辦,一直找下去!