A student has written a letter to the student newspaper.
一個學生給學校報社寫了一封信。
You have 50 seconds to read the letter. Begin reading now.
你有50秒的時間閱讀這封信。現在開始計時。
Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
兩個學生正在討論這封信,請聽他們的對話。
Woman: I don't like his proposal.
女:我不喜歡他的提議。
Man: Why not? There are never many students there.
男:為什么不喜歡呢?那里從來都沒有很多學生啊。
Woman: But that's what I like about it, that it's never crowded.
女:但那正是我喜歡那個地方的原因啊,從來都不擁擠。
Man: Really?
男:真的嗎?
Woman: Yeah, so it's a great place to study. I go there a lot.
女:真的,那里很適合學習。我經常去那兒。
I'll read a book or bring my laptop computer and work on a paper for class. It's never very noisy.
我會在那兒看本書,或者把筆記本電腦帶去,寫寫上課要交的論文。那里從來都不會很吵。
Man: You're able to get work done there?
男:你能在那兒寫完作業?
Woman: Absolutely! In fact, I actually prefer it to the library as a place to study, and a lot of other students do, too.
女:當然啦!事實上比起圖書館,我更喜歡把那兒當做學習的地方,而且很多其他的學生也是這么認為的。
We even study for our final exams there, and you can eat there while you work, something you can't do with the library.
我們甚至還在那兒復習期末考試呢,而且還可以一邊學習一邊吃東西,在圖書館可沒法這么做。
Man: OK, but you don't actually like the food there, do you? I mean, he said......
男:好吧,但是實際上你并不喜歡那里的食物,對嗎?我的意思是,他說......
Woman: Well, I don't think he's been there recently, I mean, it's true that it wasn't that great in the past, but I think it's a lot better now.
女:我覺得他最近一定沒有去過那兒,過去那里的東西確實不太好吃,但是我覺得現在已經好多了。
Man: What's changed?
男:有什么不同嗎?
Woman: They have a new manager and I guess she's made some improvements in the quality of the food.
女:他們請了一位新的經理,我想她已經采取了一些措施,改善了食物的質量吧。
I was there last week and the food was delicious.
我上個星期還去過那兒呢,東西很好吃啊。
Man: Really?
男:真的嗎?
Woman: Yeah, really! And the new manager has also added a lot of really healthful foods and snacks, so the food doesn't just taste good now. It's good for you, too.
女:是真的!而且新來的這位經理還增加了很多非常健康的食物和零食,所以這些吃的現在不僅僅是味道很好,對你的健康也很好。
Man: Hmm, I'll have to try the place.
男:那我改天得去這個地方試試。