The university library has decided to make a change.
大學圖書館決定要做一些變動。
Read the university's announcement about the upcoming change.
對于即將做出的變動,校方已經發出了公告。請閱讀這則公告。
You will have 50 seconds to read the announcement. Begin reading now.
你將有50秒的時間閱讀這則公告?,F在開始計時。
Now listen to two students discussing the announcement.
兩個學生正在討論這則公告,請聽他們的對話。
Man: They're making a mistake.
男:他們正在犯錯。
Woman: What do you mean?
女:什么意思?
Man: Look, They're trying to do away with distractions so that we can study better.
男:你看,他們想要清除讓人分心的東西,這樣大家就能更好地學習了。
But with this change, we won't have anywhere in the library to get together to work on group projects.
但是這么改的話,我們在圖書館就沒有地方可以聚在一起做小組項目了。
Woman: True. Group project work is common these days.
女:確實,最近經常有需要小組一起做的項目作業。
Man: So, instead of buying these new units. They should use the money to build meeting rooms, and that would reduce any noise in the main library areas.
男:所以,與其花錢買那些新隔間,還不如蓋一些會議室呢,這樣在圖書館的主要區域也會減少很多噪音。
Woman: Yeah, that's what we could really use. There's just not as much need to work in isolation.
女:沒錯,這才是我們真正用得上的。大家需要單獨學習的時候并沒有那么多。
Man: Exactly. And the other thing is, what's this about overcrowding?
男:正是這樣。另外,公告上說的過度擁擠又是怎么回事?
Well, sure we have more students enrolled in the university this year, but do we really have a problem with overcrowding?
今年我們學校入學的新生確實多了很多,但是真的到了過度擁擠的地步了嗎?
Woman: I don't think so. I always get a whole table to myself.
女:我不這么覺得啊。我在圖書館經常一個人用一整張桌子。
Man: Right. I see empty tables there all the time. It'll just be a waste of money to replace what we have, since what we have now is sufficient for the amount of students that use the library.
男:沒錯。而且我總是看見有空著的桌子。圖書館里現有的座位已經足夠給那些會在這兒學習的學生用了,所以把現有的座位換掉只會浪費錢。