Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing, then state which solution you would recommend.
請簡要概括講話人正在討論的問題,然后說明你會推薦哪種解決方案。
Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
并解釋原因。
Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽兩個學生間的對話。
Hey, Matt, how's it going?
Matt,你最近怎么樣?
Uh, so so. I've got a problem with my housing for next semester and I have to make a decision soon.
一般般吧。我下學期的住宿出了問題,必須馬上做出決定。
What's going on?
怎么了?
Well, I lived in the dormitory,
我之前一直住在學校宿舍,
and I've got a great roommate for the last two year, but he's moving off campus next semester.
而且我的舍友超級棒,我們一起住了兩年了,可是下學期他就要搬到校外去住了。
Oh! So?
哦!所以呢?
So now I have to make a big decision. You know, about my living arrangements.
所以我得做一項重大決定。就是關于我的住宿安排方面的決定。
Well, couldn't you just get a new roommate?
嗯...你不能直接找個新舍友嗎?
Doesn't the university automatically assign someone to take his place?
學校不是會自動給你分配個新舍友代替他嗎?
Yeah, they do. The thing is, I am concerned about sharing a room with somebody new.
沒錯,他們是會這么做。問題是,我很擔心要和一個陌生人共用一個房間。
There could be problems, like, what if he wanted to go to sleep at ten o'clock?
會出現很多問題的。比如說萬一他想十點鐘睡覺怎么辦?
I am used to studying late at night and that would throw off my whole study schedule.
我已經習慣熬夜學習了,那樣的話我整個學習計劃就被打亂了。
I guess that's possible.
我猜這種情況也是有可能的。
But it is convenient to be on campus, easy to get to class and all.
不過住在學校很方便啊,去上課比較容易,還有其他好處什么的。
What else could you do?
那你還有別的辦法嗎?
Well, My roommate found a house off campus with some other friends and there's another bedroom available.
我舍友跟其他一些朋友在校外找到了一棟房子,他們那兒還有一間空房。
I could have it, but I have to let them know by the end of the week.
我可以住那間房,不過我必須得在本周末之前告訴他們。
A house sounds like a good idea. It'd be fun to live with a group of people.
一棟房子聽起來不錯啊。跟一群人住在一起會很有趣的。
True, and it would definitely be economical with everyone splitting the rent,
沒錯,而且大家一起分攤房租的話肯定也很便宜,
but it's just that this house is really far from campus.
只不過這棟房子離學校真的很遠。
I'd have to wake up much earlier to get to class.
我得起很早去上課。
It'd just be a lot more inconvenient than living in the dorm.
跟住在宿舍比真是太不方便了。