Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing.
請簡單概括一下講話人正在討論的問題。
Then state which solution you would recommend. Explain the reasons for your recommendation
然后說明你會推薦哪種解決方案,并解釋原因。
Listen to a conversation between two students.
請聽下面兩個學生間的對話。
Hey, Beth, how are things?
你好,Beth,最近怎么樣?
Not great.
不怎么樣。
Why? What's wrong?
怎么了?你遇到什么問題了嗎?
I just found out I have to move out of my apartment, like, right away.
我才發現我必須馬上搬出我的公寓,立刻馬上。
You're kidding! Why?
你在開玩笑吧?為什么?
Well, my apartment, it's in a house, a kind of old house.
嗯...我的公寓在一棟房子里,一棟老房子。
And now something's wrong with the water pipes. I think some of the pipes burst or wore out or something.
現在房子里的水管出問題了。我想應該是有些水管爆了或者壞了什么的。
Anyway, we don't have any water in the house, and apparently it's gonna take two weeks to fix the problem.
反正目前房子里一點兒水也沒有了,而且很明顯,得兩個星期才能解決這個問題。
So you need to find a place to live for what? two weeks or so?
所以你要找個地方住多久?兩個星期左右?
Yeah, bad timing, huh? With mid-term exams coming up and everything!
對啊,時機太不好了是吧?正好馬上要期中考試了!
So you've figured out what you're going to do?
那你想好怎么辦了嗎?
Well, some friends said I could stay at their place.
嗯...一些朋友說我可以去他們那兒住。
They don't have an extra bedroom but they said it'd be OK for me to sleep on their living room couch.
雖然他們沒有多余的臥室,但是他們說我可以睡在客廳的沙發上。
You could probably handle that for a couple of weeks, right?
或許你可以這么湊合幾個星期的,對嗎?
I guess so. I mean it's really nice of them to offer. And it's free!
應該是吧。畢竟他們能這么說實在太好了,而且是免費的!
The only problem is they already have four people living there so it could be a little crowded.
唯一的問題是他們那已經住了四個人了,所以可能會有點擠。
And not ideal for studying for mid-terms.
而且也不適合準備期中考試。
Yeah, too many distractions.
對啊,太多干擾了。
Hmmm, any other options?
那還有別的選擇嗎?
Well, I did find this place. It's a small hotel over on 3rd street right near campus.
我找到了一個地方,是個小賓館,就在離學校不遠的第三條街上。
Oh, right! A lot of kid's parents stay there when they come for a visit.
對,沒錯。很多學生家長來玩的時候就會住在那兒。
Right. So I could get a room there. They have a weekly rate and it's pretty reasonable.
是的。我可以在那開間房。他們有一個一周的套餐,價錢也很合理。
But, I don't know...
不過,我也不知道...
At least at the hotel you'd have a space of your own, you know, so you could get more done.
至少在賓館里你有自己的空間,可以完成更多事情。
That's definitely a plus. But I have to think about it.
那絕對是個優勢。不過我還是要好好想想。
Even though it was pretty cheap, it'll still end up costing me some money.
即使已經很便宜了,但最后還是會花掉一些錢的。
And my budget is pretty tight right now.
而我現在的預算真的很緊張。