飲料
日常生活中總少不了要喝點酒,不喜歡或不能喝酒的人則可以來點soft drink,再不然就喝點tea…
總之都能選到自己喜歡的“drink”。
專家說偶爾喝杯紅酒對人身體有好處。
Experts say that a glass of red wine occasionally will do one’s health a world of good.
★ occasionally ad. 有時候,偶爾
● a world of“極大的,極多的”
多喝茶會讓你的牙齒變黃,但是對你的身體有好處。
Too much tea will brown your teeth, but it’s good for your health.
■“brown”在這里用作動詞,譯為“染黃”。
要加冰嗎?Do you want some ice in your drink?
○ I’d like it on the rocks. 我想在酒里放些冰塊。
○ I’d like a soda, no ice. 我要一杯汽水,不要冰。
在大熱天沒有什么能夠像冰飲料那樣讓人神清氣爽。
Nothing is as refreshing as ice-cold drinks on a hot day.
★ refreshing a. 提神的,涼爽的
沒有咖啡,我早上就起不了床。
Without a coffee, I can never get up in the morning.
■ 這句話是雙重否定句。
除非你完全清醒了,我才會讓你開車。
I’m not letting you get behind the wheel until you’ve sobered up.
● sober up“(使)酒醒或清醒”
■“get behind the wheel”中的“wheel”是指汽車的“方向盤”。
因此,這句話的意思就是“開車”(坐在方向盤后面)。
我已經(jīng)喝了兩三瓶啤酒了。I’ve had a couple of beers.
○ I can’t drink any more. 我不能再喝了。
你想喝冰茶嗎?Do you want some iced tea?
● iced tea“冰茶”
請加一點點糖。Please add a little sugar.
○ No sugar, please. 請不要放糖。
我的胃受不了冷飲。Cold drinks don’t agree with my stomach.
★ stomach n. 胃,胃部
● agree with“適合(某人的身體或胃口)”
越?jīng)鲈胶谩he cooler, the better.
○ The hotter, the better. 越熱越好。
又開胃又可口。It’s appetizing and tasty.
★ appetizing a. 開胃的,引起食欲的
★ tasty a. 可口的,美味的