收拾餐桌碗碟
你們是推來推去還是選擇“石頭剪子布”呢? 其實像Frank和Jane那樣,事先分好工就好辦了。 ■ dish的意思是“盤子,碟子”,dishes的意思是“就餐時用過的所有餐具”。
Whose turn is it to do the dishes? 這可真是個令人頭疼的問題。
輪到誰來洗碗了?Whose turn is it to do the dishes?
○ Can you help me with the dishes? 你能幫我收拾一下碗碟嗎?
● do/wash the dishes“洗碗碟等餐具”
輪到你洗碗了。It’s your turn to wash the dishes.
○ It’s your turn to clear the table. 輪到你清理餐桌了。
● clear the table“清理餐桌”
吃完飯你洗碗嗎?Will you do the dishes after the meal?
○ I don’t feel like washing the dishes today.
我今天不想洗碗。
○ I don’t like doing the dishes.
我不喜歡洗碗。
把你的餐具放到水槽里。Put your dishes in the sink.
○ Carry your own dishes to the kitchen.
把你自己的餐具拿到廚房里去。
我來洗碗,你來擦/烘干。I’ll wash and you dry.
○ I’ll scrape and you load the dishwasher.
我來把碗碟刮干凈,你來把它們放入洗碗機里。
★ scrape v. 刮掉,擦掉
★ load v. 裝入,裝填
★ dishwasher n. 洗碗機
把椅子放回去。Put the chairs back.
○ Fold up the chairs. 把椅子折起來。
○ Put everything away. 把每樣東西都放回原位。
● put away“放回原位”
這些污漬怎么洗都洗不掉。These stains just won’t come out.
○ These stains can’t be removed.
這些污漬弄不掉。
★ stain n. 污點,瑕疵
★ remove v. 去除,處理掉
我把每一樣餐具都整理得井井有條。I keep every dishware organized.
★ dishware n. 碟,餐具
餐桌布臟了。The tablecloth is dirty.
○ Change the table cloth. 換一下桌布。
○ Lay the cloth. 鋪上桌布。
★tablecloth n. 桌布(也可寫作table cloth)
你清理爐灶時用點力。
Use a little muscle when you clean the stove.
★muscle n. 肌肉,力氣
★stove n. 爐子,(在這里指做飯用的)爐灶
在我看來,洗碗很無聊。
The way I see it, to do the dishes is boring.
● the way I see it“以我之見,在我看來”
■ 不定式 to do the dishes 做主語。
你洗碗時要小心。Be careful when you wash the dishes.
● be careful“小心,細心”