校園英語迷你慣用語

!)等說法可以用 Nonsense!
(笨得無可救藥!)可以說 A fool remains a fool until he dies.
42. I thought she was just a rich princess, but it looks like we
have a lot in common.
我以為她不過是千金小姐,但看來我們有許多共同點.
帶著輕蔑口吻的'千金小姐,闊少爺'常用 spoiled rich kid/brat.
have a lot in common 是'有許多共同之處'.
We have good chemistry. 是一句俗語,意味(我們很談的來).
43. I'm glad I got it off my chest.
我很高興自己把心事講出來.
got it off my chest 是'把心事吐露出來'. (為什么不把心事講出來?
你會覺得舒服的多)是 Why don't you get it off your chest?
You'll feel much better; 相反的,想說(我有心事)可以用 I have
something on my mind.
44. She always says, 'I don't know what to do...', but she's just
showing off.
她總是說'我不知道該怎么辦',....但她只是為了要炫耀自己.
show off...是'炫耀......'之意. '夸耀'可用 brag 或 boast, 如:
She's always bragging/going on about her boyfriend.
(她經常夸耀她的男友).
I guess sometimes people hit it right off.
我想有時候人們初次見面就會很投緣.
hit it off (well) 是'很投緣'之意. I hit it off well with him.
或 He and I hit it off (well) together (with each other). 是指(我和他非常投緣,我們很談的來)之意. right含有'開始就....'之意.
We talked so long, I ended up missing class.
我們談了好久,把課都給誤了.
end/wind up doing... 是'結果.....'之意.
(今天逃課算了!)是用 I'm gonna miss/cut/ckip class today.
俚語也可以說 I'm gonna play hooky.
Since she started college, all of a sudden she's Miss Glamor.
她上了大學后,一下子變得很時髦.
英語的 glamor 含有'嫵媚,魅力'之意. (她看起來非常耀眼,)可以說
She looks too flashy. 或 Her outfit is a bit too much. (她的穿著太過分了.)
Next to her, anybody would look good.
誰只要在她的旁邊,看上去都長得不錯.
'難看'是 ugly/ugly-looking, 俚語也用 dog, 可用于男女.
I am not here just to make her look better. 是(我不在這里只是為了讓她好看些的).
I confide a secret to a friend. 向朋友吐露密秘.
confide...to..是'向...吐露..'; confide in... 則是'吐露秘密給...'的意思.能夠吐露秘密或心事的朋友稱為 confidant '密友,心腹'.
I break off a relation. 跟她斷交.
break off 是'分離,離開'. patch up 原意為'補綴'之意,此處是指'言歸于好'的意思.
This manager's such a lech!
這個經理真是好色之徒.
lech 是'好色之徒,色狼'. Have you suffered sexual harrassment? 時(你有沒有受到過性騷擾?). Huh, I'd like to be seduced by such a handsome manager.
是(哦,我倒也想要被這樣英俊的經理誘拐).
I still have to keep a smile on my face, even to this strange customer?
對這種怪客人,我還得強顏歡笑嗎?
美國俗
