Message by UN Secretary-General António Guterres on the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
聯合國秘書長安東尼奧·古特雷斯紀念和悼念恐怖主義受害者國際日致辭
21 August 2024
2024年8月21日
Today, we remember and honour the victims and survivors of terrorism.
今天,我們共同緬懷紀念恐怖主義受害者和幸存者。
Acts of terrorism create a wave of unimaginable grief.
恐怖主義行為造成了難以想象的傷痛。
Families and communities torn apart by terrorist acts are forever changed.
因恐怖主義行為而支離破碎的家庭和社區將永久改變。
The scars – both visible and invisible – never fully heal.
無論可見還是不可見的傷痕永遠無法完全愈合。
Through the torment and tragedy, we have also witnessed remarkable examples of resilience and the enduring power of our common humanity.
在苦難和悲劇中,我們也見證了堅韌頑強的杰出典范和閃耀共同人性光輝的持久力量。
This year’s theme is “Voices for Peace: Victims of Terrorism as Peace Advocates and Educators”.
今年的主題是“和平之聲:恐怖主義受害者作為和平倡導者和教育者”。
We pay tribute to all victims and survivors, including those who have chosen to share their stories about perseverance, and forgiveness.
我們向所有受害者和幸存者致敬,向那些選擇分享自身頑強不屈、寬恕諒解經歷的人們致敬。
Reflecting on personal trauma to educate others is an act of immense courage.
通過反思個人創傷教育他人是需要巨大勇氣的行為。
This day urges us to listen and to learn.
這一天敦促我們傾聽和學習。
And it is a reminder that we must always seek out the light of hope.
這一天提醒我們必須始終尋求希望之光。
Together, we can raise up the voices of all victims and survivors.
團結起來,我們就能讓所有受害者和幸存者發出更強的聲音。
Together, we can help educate present and future generations.
齊心協力,我們就能幫助教育今世后代。
Together, we can build more peaceful, resilient societies for all.
攜手并進,我們就能為全人類締造更加和平、更有韌性的社會。
Thank you.
謝謝大家。
本文轉載自英文巴士網,如有侵權,請聯系我們刪除。