9. Don't be a squeaking wheel 不要難字當頭,喋喋不休
Don't be seen as " Here comes a problem".
不要讓人見到你就覺得“又來了一個問題”。
10.Don't carry grudges 不要嫉妒懷恨他人
You cannot win them all. So don't squander your energy, the goodwill of your allies, and the patience of your boss by turning every issue into a crusade.
你不可能勝過所有的人,因此不要把每個問題都變成爭斗,這樣就會浪費你的精力,喪失你同事的善意和你上司的耐心。
11.Choose your battles carefully 慎重選擇是否“開戰”
Ask yourself: how much difference the problem really makes. Is it worth making an enemy? Do I have a realistic chance of winning
捫心自問:這個問題到底有多大的重要性?是否值得你為此樹敵?我有切實的獲勝機會嗎?
12.Deal directly with the person who makes the decision直接與決策者打交道
Dealing with people with less authority may be easier on your nerves, but you'll be wasting time and effort.
可能與職權較小的人打交道不會使你那么緊張,但這會浪費你的時間和精力。
13. Keep control of problems 保持對問題的掌控
Let's say you need some special work done. Don't stop with getting approval. If the other person doesn't follow through, you're left looking inept.
比如說你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要因為還未得到批準而停下來不做。因為如果這樣,盡管是別人不配合,你卻已給人留下無能的印象。
14. Learn to translate boss language 學會“翻譯”上司的話
"If it's not too much trouble" means, "Do it, and the sooner the better". 更多信息請訪ttp:“如果這不是太麻煩的話"的意思是“做吧,而且越快越好”。
15. Learn what other people in the company are doing
了解公司的其他人在做什么
What were last year's big triumphs and failures?
去年公司主要的成功和不足是什么?
How does your job intertwine with all this?
你在這中間起到什么樣的作用?
Then you'll understand when, how and where to press for your goals.
然后你將明白何時、何地及如何去追求你的目標。