Unit 16 At the Post Office and the Bank
第16單元 在郵局、銀行
Dialogue 1
對話 1
May I help you, madam?
我可以幫你嗎,女士?
Yes, please. I'd like to send a letter to the United States.
是的。請幫我寄一封信去美國。
By airmail?
寄航空郵件嗎?
Yes. How long will it take?
是的。要花多少時間才能到?
About two weeks.
大約需要兩個星期。
Then how much will it be?
多少錢?
It's 2.9 yuan(two yuan and ninety cents).
兩塊九毛。
OK. Here you are.
好的,給你錢。
Dialogue 2
對話 2
What can I do for you?
我能為你做什么?
Can I change some US dollars into RMB, please?
能把美元兌換成人民幣嗎?
Yes, we can do that. How much would you want to change?
可以。您想要兌換多少?
800 (eight hundred) US dollars and here you are.
八百美元,給你錢。
Sorry, can I have a credit card of your bank?
對不起,能在你們銀行辦一張信用卡嗎?
Certainly.
當然可以。
By the way, can I have a traveller's cheque here?
順便問一下,能在這里辦理旅行支票嗎?
Sorry, it's over there, please.
對不起,請您到那邊去辦。
Thank you very much.
非常感謝!
You are welcome.
不客氣。
Passage
課文
More and more post offices and banks have been set up in China because of the quick development of the country.
隨著中國經濟的迅速發展,越來越多的郵局和銀行建立起來。
We all know the post office and the bank are very different.
我們都知道郵局和銀行是大不相同的。
But now they are doing some similar things.
但是它們現在卻做著一些類似的業務。
For example, both of them "mail money".
如:兩者都開展了“匯款業務”。
We can put our money in one post office and take it out from anther one far away;
我們可以將錢存入一家郵局,在另一家很遠的郵局將錢取出來;
we can put our money in one bank and take it out from anther one far away too.
我們也可以將錢存入一家銀行,在另一家很遠的銀行將錢取出來。
The services of our post offices and banks are not as good as those of some other countries.
我國郵局和銀行的服務沒有其他一些國家周到。
But we know they are better than they were, and we believe they will be better than they are now.
但是,我們知道比以前有所改進,并且我們相信將來會比現在更好。