Unit 15 Meeting and Seeing off Guests
第15單元 接送客人
Dialogue 1
對話 1
Welcome to Beijing, Mr. Smith.
史密斯先生,歡迎您來北京。
Thank you, Mr. Li. I've been looking forward to this trip.
謝謝您,李先生。我一直在期待這次旅行。
It's very kind of you to meet me here.
非常感謝你來接我。
My pleasure. Well, did you have a nice trip?
別客氣。您的旅途還順利嗎?
Not too bad.
還不錯。
I hope you'll have a happy stay here.
我希望您在這里玩的愉快。
Thanks, I will.
謝謝,我會的。
Everything here is nice, the city is beautiful and the people are nice.
這里的一切都好,這里的城市美麗,且人民友好。
Glad to hear that.
聽您這么說真高興啊。
Now before I forget, let me tell you that there will be a dinner party for you this evening.
在我忘記之前我要告訴您今晚我們為您準備了一場晚宴,
I hope you will come.
希望您能光臨。
I will be glad to.
非常樂意。
Good. Shall I come for you at seven?
好的。我7點鐘來接您行嗎?
OK. I'll be ready.
好,我會做好準備。
Dialogue 2
對話 2
It's very kind of you to come to see me off.
謝謝你能來給我送行。
My pleasure. I'm sorry you've got to leave us. we will miss you.
別客氣。很遺憾您就要走了。我們會想您的。
Same here! You've given me so much help during my stay here.
我也一樣。我在此逗留期間你給了我莫大的幫助。
How can I thank you enough?
我該怎么感謝你呢?
We've both enjoyed our friendship, haven't we?
我們彼此之間都珍惜我們的友誼,不是嗎?
I have been happy to do what I could.
我很樂意做我力所能及的事。
It's very kind of you to give us so much of your time.
謝謝你花了這么多時間來照顧我們。
Well, it's such a fine day. I hope you will have a nice trip home.
好了,今天的天氣真好。希望您旅途愉快。
And please give my best wishes to your family.
并請帶我向您的家人問好。
Thanks. Bye!
謝謝你,再見!
Bye!
再見!
Passage
課文
English is very important because it is spoken by people in many countries.
英語是非常重要的,因為許多國家的人都說英語。
China is a developing country.
中國是一個發展中國家。
It is open to the world now.
現在它對外開放。
It must learn new things from other countries and let other countries know what it is doing.
必須向其他國家學習新事物并讓其他國家知道它在做什么。
Every year many foreigners come to China to travel or work,
每年都有很多外國人來中國旅游或工作,
and many Chinese people go abroad to study or visit.
也有許多中國人出國學習或訪問。
Most foreign friends in China and Chinese abroad speak English.
大多數來中國的外國朋友和出國人員都說英語。
So English is just like a bridge between China and other countries in the world.
因此英語就像一座架在中國和世界各國之間的橋梁。