Do you mind explaining why you've hired an investigator
能否解釋下為什么明明是我發現了事故的真相
when I was the one who discovered the truth about your "Accident"?
你卻又雇傭了一個偵探來調查
'Cause that man is recommended by people I trust.
因為那人是我信任的人推薦的
And the same cannot be said of you,
而你并不是
considering our uniquely complicated history.
考慮到我們獨特復雜的過往
Besides you seem satisfied to serve as my wife's valet.
而且你好像很滿足于當我的妻子的男仆
If I need someone to hold my handbag,
如果我需要人拿著我的手提包
I'll be sure to give you a call.
我會給你打電話的
You know, you may not trust me,
你也許不信任我
but you would be wise to work with me
但你跟我合作是明智的
- because I can give you what you want. - Oh, and what is that?
-因為我能給你你想要的 -我想要什么
Your daughter.
你女兒
I don't need an investigator
我不需要偵探
to see that Charlotte's visits here have become nonexistent,
也知道夏洛特這段時間不怎么過來
and that it coincides with her moving in with Porter.
正好她這段時間和波特住在一起
He's... obviously poisoned her against you.
他顯然在教唆她反對你
Well, you're observant, Mr. Mathis, I'll give you that.
我對你的評價是 你很善于觀察 馬西斯
And you feel that exposing the truth
而且你認為 揭發波特的真相
about Porter will give her the dose of perspective
能讓她幡然醒悟
to win her back.
從而回到你身邊
You believe you can help me with that?
你覺得你能幫我做到嗎
I can guarantee it.
我能保證
Ooh, you sound like a man who has skin in the game.
聽起來你好像也有利益在其中
I'm just somebody who wants to prove his worth
我只是想向一家之主
to the master of the house.
證明自己的價值