Listen to a conversation between a student and a campus mail center employee.
請聽一個學生和校園郵政中心職員之間的對話。
Sorry you had to wait. It’s a busy time of year. Lots of people mailing packages home.
很抱歉讓你久等了。每年這個時候都很忙,很多人要把行李寄回家。
I bet. I’ll have to come next week to do that.
我知道。我只能下個星期再過來寄行李了。
I’m moving out of my dorm and I’m sending some papers home.
我要搬出宿舍了,還要往家里寄一些文件。
OK.We’ll be here. What can I do for you today?
好的,那個時候我們也在。今天有什么能為你做的?
Well, my roommate asked me to pick something up for her.
我舍友叫我幫她拿點東西。
I told her I was coming down here, she got this notice saying that there’s a package to pick up, I guess it was too big to fit into our mailbox.
我跟她說了我要來這里,她收到了一條通知說她有個包裹要取,我猜那應該是太大了裝不進我們的郵箱里。
I’m sorry. But I can only give packages to the person who they’re addressed to. It’s university policy.
對不起,但是我只能把包裹給地址上寫的人本人。學校就是這么規定的。
Really? Could you make an exception? She’s my roommate.
真的嗎?你能破次例嗎?她真的是我舍友。
I wish I could, but she’ll have to come and get it herself, and be sure to tell her to have her student ID card on her.
我也希望能這么做,但是她必須自己過來取,而且一定要告訴她帶上她的學生證。
We will need to see identification. Oh, and she’ll need that package notification too.
我們需要查看一下身份證明,哦,對了,她也要向我們出具那個包裹通知。