The exhibit will help you see that there is no single Bauhaus style.
這個展覽會幫助你們看到,沒有單一的鮑豪斯風格。
I think it’s refreshing that this particular exhibit departs from the standard ways in which art from the Bauhaus is often presented.
這個展覽偏離了鮑豪斯通常呈現藝術的標準方式,我覺得這很是讓人耳目一新。
Student: Which are?
學生:這種方式是?
Professor: Well, for example, by a specific artist.
教授:比如說由一個具體的藝術家呈現。
I think it’s a mistake to focus on a single Bauhaus artist and that person’s individual specialty.
我覺得關注單個鮑豪斯藝術家和那個人的個人專長是錯誤的。
I mean, the different artists from the school created different things: fabric, sculpture, furniture, graphic design, paintings, even theatrical performances.
我的意思是,來自那所學院的不同藝術家創造出了不同的事物:布料、雕塑、家具、平面設計、畫作,甚至戲劇表演。
The exhibit in the Rutherford Museum unites all these specialties through connecting themes such as motion or the body.
盧瑟福博物館的這個展覽通過聯系主題比如動作或主體把所有這些特色都結合在了一起。
Student: Sounds fascinating! Say, I’ve heard of something about discount nights at that museum?
學生:聽起來很吸引人!我聽說博物館會有幾個晚上打折?
Professor: Weekends are full price. It’s typically best to go Thursday nights.
教授:周末是全價,一般最好周四晚上去。
That’s student discount night 50% off. However, next Wednesday is open to the public for free.
那天晚上學生可以半價。不過,下周三會免費向公眾開放。
It’s a special promotion. So I know what I would do.
是個特別推廣活動,所以如果是我的話,我就知道該怎么做了。