Laquisha: What’s in the bag?
拉貴莎:包里裝的是什么啊?
Yun: Three alarm clocks and a kitchen timer.
尤恩:3個鬧鐘和廚房定時器。
Laquisha: What are they for?
拉貴莎:帶著些干什么啊?
Yun: I have a very important interview tomorrow morning and these will help me prepare for it.
尤恩:明天早上我有一個重要的采訪,這些東西有助于我準備采訪。
Laquisha: How?
拉貴莎:怎么幫你呢?
尤恩:計時器可以記錄我常見問題的回答時間,這樣我就不會滔滔不絕了。看見沒?不需要秒表我就可以用計時功能提醒自己什么時候應該結束。
Laquisha: And the alarm clocks?
拉貴莎:那鬧鐘的作用呢?
Yun: I have a habit of pressing the snooze button after an alarm goes off. I’ve tried different kinds of alarms: ones that buzz, ones that beep, ones that vibrate, and ones that use a ringtone. But I still fall back to sleep.
尤恩:鬧鐘響的時候我習慣按下小睡按鈕。我用過好多款鬧鐘:嗡嗡響的,嗶嗶響的,震動的還有帶鈴聲的。但是鬧鈴響了之后我還是會睡著。
Laquisha: And what do you plan to do with three alarm clocks?
拉貴莎:你打算用這三個鬧鐘做什么呢?
Yun: I plan to set the alarms one minute apart and put them around my bedroom. By the time I turn them all off, I should be awake.
尤恩:我打算把他們放在臥室,每隔一分鐘響一次。等我把他們全都關閉后,我應該就醒盹了。
Laquisha: And if not?
拉貴莎:要是這樣還不行呢?
Yun: Then maybe I should be applying for jobs as a mattress tester.
尤恩:那我只能去應聘一份床墊測試員的工作了。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載