Narrator: Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee at the university center for off-campus study.
聽一段學生和大學校外學習中心員工的對話。
Student: Hi. I am Tom Arnold. I am supposed to pick up a packet from the regional center for marine research.
你好,我是湯姆·阿諾德。我來這兒是拿一個包裹,是從海洋研究區域中心寄來的。
I am doing an internship there this summer.
這個夏天我在那兒實習。
Employee: Yes. I have it right here. The mail carrier dropped it off a few minutes ago.
對,它就在這兒。幾分鐘前送信員把它放這兒了。
Student: Thanks. Um...I wanted to ask about getting credits for the internship. I don't know if...
謝謝。我想問一下關于實習學分的事。我不知道......
Employee: I might be able to help you with that. Is there a problem?
我也許能幫你。有什么問題嗎?
Student: I just wanted to make sure the details have been corrected.
我只是想確保每個細節都沒有出錯。
The system should show that I am registered to earn four credits. But as of Friday, nothing was showing up yet.
系統里本應顯示我登記獲取四個學分,但到周五也還是什么都沒顯示。
I was told it would be fixed this morning.
有人告訴我,今天早上會修好的。
Employee: Well, I can check on the computer for you. Tom Arnold, right?
我可以幫你在電腦上查查。你叫湯姆·阿諾德對吧?
Student: Yes.
對。
Employee: Well, it is showing credits...but only three.
這里有顯示學分......但只有三個。
Student: Really?! So now what? These all have to be finalized last week.
真的嗎?那現在怎么辦?上周就已經都定下來了。
Employee: Well, yes. The course enrollment period ended last week.
是的。課程的報名階段在上周結束。
But since our office was supposed to get this straightened out for you before then... Let me see what I can do.
但既然我們辦公室本應在那之前幫你解決這件事......讓我看看我能做些什么吧。
Uh...did the university give approval for you to earn four credits for this internship?
學校同意你在這次實習后獲得四個學分嗎?
Because the other students at the center for marine research are only getting three.
因為其他在海洋研究中心的學生只拿到三個學分。
Student: Um...I am pretty sure those other students are doing the internship at the center's aquarium, taking classes in marine biology and then teaching visitors about the various displays.
我很確定其他學生是在中心的水族館做實習的,他們會上海洋生物課,然后教給游客不同的展覽所涉及的知識。
I am doing a special research internship with the center.
我在中心做的是特殊的調研實習。
We'll be collecting data on changes to the seafloor out in the open ocean.
我們會去公共海域收集海底變化的數據。
Employee: Oh. That sounds quite advanced.
噢,這聽起來很高端。
Student: Well, the internship requires me to have scuba diving certification and to be a senior oceanography student.
這個實習要求我有蛙潛證書,而且還得是海洋地理學高年級的學生才行。
I want to do advanced study in oceanography when I graduate, so I really want to get a sense of what real research is like.
我畢業了想進修海洋地理,所以我很想對真正的調研工作有所了解。
Employee: I see. Now let's try and see if we can... Oh. OK. I see the problem.
我明白了。試試這樣,看我們能不能......噢,好吧,我知道問題在哪兒了。
There are two kinds of internships listed here—regular and research.
這兒列出來的實習有兩種——常規實習和調研實習。
Yours is listed as regular so it is only showing three credits.
你被歸為常規實習,所以只顯示三個學分。
Student: Can you switch it?
你能換過來嗎?
Employee: Not yet. But it lists Professor Leonard as...
還不行。但這里把萊納德教授列為......
Student: She is in charge of all the internships.
她負責所有的實習。
Employee: She just needs to send an email so I have an official record.
她只需要發封電郵,我有正式記錄就行。
Then I can switch it. And that should solve everything.
然后我就能換過來了。一切都解決了。
Student: Great! And I know Professor Leonard is in her office this afternoon, so I can go there later.
太好了!我知道萊納德教授今天下午會在她的辦公室,我一會兒就可以去找她。
It will be such a relief to get all these paperwork completed.
能把所有的文件都填完真是讓我松了一口氣。