維克多:我們需要不畏艱險。
In the meeting today, we're going to give it to them straight, no more hemming and hawing.
在今天的開會期間,我們要直截了當,不再半天支支吾吾,默默唧唧。
Maura:You're right.
莫拉:你是對的。
We need to tell them what we really think and be done with it.
我們需要告訴他們我們真正想做的事情。
Victor:Definitely. We've been conciliatory long enough.
維克多:當然。我們默不作聲很長時間了。
Today, we need to be insistent without being too pushy.
今天,我們需要堅持己見,但不咄咄逼人。
Maura:Being unassuming and deferential has its place, but not if we seem meek.
莫拉:我們要不裝腔作勢,畢恭畢敬,但我們不要看起來很溫順。
We need to be assertive without being too in-your-face.
我們需要將自信寫在臉上,但不膽大妄為。
Victor:You're absolutely right.
維克多:絕對正確。
One of us has to speak up.
我們當中一個人必須暢所欲言。
Maura:Yes, one of us has to be bold.
莫拉:是的,這個人必須膽大心細。
They'll have to take us seriously this time.
這一次他們將不得不認真對待我們。
Victor:Okay, ready?
維克多:好吧,準備好了嗎?
Maura:Sure, I have your back.
莫拉:當然,我挺你。
Victor:Huh? I thought you were going to do the talking.
維克多:嗯?我以為你會發言。
Maura:Uh, I thought you were.
莫拉:嗯,我認為你才是那個。
Victor:Maybe we should wait for the next meeting to take them on.
維克多:也許我們應該等待下次會議。
Maura:I totally agree.
莫拉:我完全同意。
It'll give us a little time to work up to it.
這段時間我們可以用來準備。
Victor:Exactly!
維克多:完全正確!