Margaret:Okay, the teacher said that we should set up an ideal form of government for our imaginary country and then work out detailed plans for governance.
瑪格麗特:好吧,老師說,我們應該為理想國家建立一個理想政體,然后制定詳細的計劃。
Tony:I think the simplest is a dictatorship.
托尼:我認為最簡單的就是獨裁政權。
I'll make all of the decisions.
我可以做所有決定。
Margaret:You're sounding like a fascist.
瑪格麗特:你聽起來就像個法西斯。
This is supposed to be a partnership, remember?
這應該是伙伴關系,記得嗎?
Tony:Okay then, let's make it a monarchy.
托尼:好吧,讓我們成為君主。
I can be king and you can be queen.
我當國王而你就是王后。
Margaret:You'll probably still make all of the decisions as king.
瑪格麗特:你當了國王仍然能做出所有決定。
Maybe we should consider an oligarchy.
也許我們應該考慮寡頭政治。
Your family and mine can rule equally.
你的家人和我同樣能夠管理。
Tony:That's fine with me, but you're the communist, or at least socialist.
托尼:我覺得很好,但你是共產主義,或者至少是社會主義。
Don't you think an oligarchy would be too elitist?
難道你不認為寡頭政治有點精英主義嗎?
I would think you would prefer a meritocracy of some sort.
我認為你會喜歡某種類型的精英。
Margaret:This isn't about my personal politics.
瑪格麗特:這不是我個人的政治。
It's about what's best for our imaginary nation.
這是我們理想國家最好的方式。
How about a simple democracy?
簡單的民主怎么樣?
Tony:There's nothing simple about a democracy.
托尼:沒有什么簡單的民主。
How about no government at all?
沒有政府怎么樣?
Margaret:You mean anarchy?
瑪格麗特:你的意思是無政府狀態?
Tony:Sure, that would be the simplest.
托尼:當然,這本應是最簡單的。
Margaret:Why do I get the feeling that you're making suggestions based on the amount of work this assignment will take, rather than political considerations?
瑪格麗特:為什么我覺得你的建議是依照這個任務的工作量,而不是政治上的考慮?
Tony:That's because you're very perceptive.
托尼:那是因為你很敏感。
I have a big weekend planned!
我有一個很大的周末計劃!