每天我都被電子郵件搞得越來越無力從心。
Once I turn on my computer and look at my inbox, I get sucked into reading and responding to emails.
我一打開電腦,瀏覽收件箱,就牽涉到閱讀及回復郵件。
I have a personal email account and an email account for work.
我有個私人電子郵件帳戶及用于工作的電郵帳戶。
With my work email, I try to take an organized approach.
有了工作郵箱,我就嘗試著把事情安排的井井有條。
I scan each email looking at the sender and subject line, and delete the ones I don't need or want.
我瀏覽每封郵件查看發信人和主題,并刪除那些我不需要或不想要的。
With the remaining ones, I archive some, file others for future reading, and write replies to the rest.
其余的我則進行歸檔,整理以供未來瀏覽,回復。
I've set up templates for the routine emails,but spend a lot of time drafting personalized responses to the rest.
我也設置了常規電郵的模板,但是花了太多時間起草個性化回復。
That takes up a large part of my workday.
這占用了我工作日的很大一部分時間。
When reading my personal email, I take my time.
而在閱讀我的個人電郵時,我又花去了大把時間。
Yes, I get the usual junk that slips through the spam filters and get newsletters I keep meaning to unsubscribe from,
是的,我像往常一樣接收進入垃圾過濾器的垃圾郵件,而且還有我一直想退訂的商務通訊,
but people who have my personal email address are mainly friends and family.
但擁有我個人電子郵件地址的人主要是朋友和家人。
When I'm done and I look at the clock,
當我干完后我會關注下時間,
I'm often surprised at how much time I've spent processing email.
我常常驚訝自己花了多少時間處理郵件。
That's time I could have been spending working on my Celine Dion impression.
這是我會在席琳·迪翁上的時間。
“Near, far, wherever you are I believe that the heart does go on...”
無論遠近亦或身處何方,我從未懷疑過心的執著。