法比安:你認為這場干旱會持續多久?
Lia:I have no idea, but I'm not worried.
莉亞:我不知道,但我不擔心。
I grew up in the desert.
我是在沙漠中長大的。
Not having enough precipitation was just a fact of life.
沒有足夠的降水僅僅是我們面臨的不爭事實。
Fabian:Yes, but people here aren't used to getting this little rainfall.
法比安:是的,但這里的人不習慣于這樣的小雨。
Their livelihood depends on having a reliable water supply for their crops.
他們的生計取決于可靠的供水以澆灌莊稼。
Lia:You make it sound like we're experiencing another Dust Bowl when the water table is just a little low.
莉亞:你這樣說聽起來像水位只是有點低時我們正在經歷著另一場塵暴。
Fabian:I think it's a little more serious than that.
法比安:我認為這比你說的更為嚴重。
Lia:What we need here is a reservoir.
莉亞:我們這里需要的是一座水庫。
That would give this town the water reserves it needs in case of a drought.
給這個城鎮帶來水儲備在干旱時派上用場。
Fabian:What we really need are fewer dust storms and more thunderstorms.
法比安:我們真正需要的是更少的沙塵暴和雷暴。
Lia:And for people to stop over farming.
莉亞:而對人們而言需要停止過度放牧。
That and deforestation are half the problem.
那和森林砍伐是問題的另一半。
Fabian:You may be right, but that's not what people want to hear right now.
法比安:你也許是對的,但這并不是現在人們想聽到的。
They need some relief.
他們需要一些寬慰。
Lia:Maybe the town's water conservation efforts will make a difference.
莉亞:也許這個城鎮的水資源保護工作會發生改變。
Fabian:Well, I'm certainly willing to stop bathing if it'll help.
法比安:嗯, 如果有幫助的話我當然愿意停止洗澡。
Lia:I thought you already had.
莉亞:我以為你已經在做了。