第48周 裝修
熒屏情景:
星期三 藝術品擺放 片段選自《人鬼情未了》 Ghost 07:50--08:49
Carl: Sam, Moll! Are you guys home?
卡爾:山姆,莫莉,你們在嗎?
Moll: Did you invite Carl?
莫莉:是你找卡爾來的嗎?
Sam: Slave labor.
山姆:廉價勞工!
Moll: Carl!
莫莉:卡爾!
Carl: What?
卡爾:什么事?
Sam: Hurry, help!
山姆:幫個忙。
Carl: Oh, my God.
卡爾:哦,天啊!
Sam: Grab the bottom. Want this down here?
山姆:抬下面,放這嗎?
Carl: Right here?
卡爾:放在這兒嗎?
Moll: Watch your toes.
莫莉:小心腳趾。
Sam: Where do you want this?
山姆:行了,這個放在哪里?
Moll: In the bedroom.
莫莉:臥室。
Carl: God, this place looks great!
卡爾:天啊!這地方太棒了。
Moll: You like it, huh?
莫莉:對,你喜歡吧。
Carl: Like, like is hardly the word. I had no idea it would be this beautiful. It's incredible.
卡爾:何止喜歡,想不到這里會那么美。
Sam: What about her?
山姆:莫莉,這個怎么樣?
Moll: Leave her until we get the other stuff here.
莫莉:暫時放在那里,待其他東西運抵后再說。
Carl: What are these?
卡爾:這是什么?
Moll: Oh, let me show you. Will you help me lift this up?
莫莉:讓我給你看,把這拿起來。
Carl: Wow.
卡爾:哇?
Moll: Just finished it. What do you think?
莫莉:對,這個剛完成的,你認為如何?
Carl: I love it.
卡爾:太好了,我很喜歡。
Moll: Sam, what's this chair doing here?
莫莉:山姆,沙發放這里干嘛?
Sam: What do you mean? I love that chair.
山姆:什么意思?我喜歡這張沙發。
Moll: I know you love that chair. But we discussed this.
莫莉:我知道,但我們說好了。
Sam: I've had it forever.
山姆:我要永遠擁有它。
注:如視頻無法播放,請刷新
重點講解:
lift up
提;抬;舉;(尤指)向上移動;
eg. We'll have to lift up the car to get her out.
我們得把車子抬起,才能救她出來。
eg. Curious shoppers lifted up their children to take a closer look at the parade.
好奇的購物者把自己的孩子舉起來,好讓他們更清楚地看到游行的隊伍。