第38周 消遣
熒屏情景:
星期三 聚餐 片段選自《笨人晚宴》 Dinner for Schmucks 01:25:28--01:26:47
Lancelot: Oh, my god.
蘭斯洛特:哦,我的天??!
Barry: Fastforward 500 years. The Wright Brothers decide to make themselves a Flying machine. "You fools! You idiots! What's your problem?" everyone shouted. "That will never work because plywood weighs more than air!" To which the Wright Brothers responded: "No, it doesn't." The Wright Brothers were dreamers. The Earl of Sandwich and Sir Francis Bacon. Had it not been for them, the BLT would merely be lettuce and tomato. They were dreamers. And sandwich makers.
巴瑞:快進500年,萊特兄弟打算制造“飛行機器”,“你們兩個傻瓜,你們有毛病吧?”人們紛紛喊道?!澳峭嬉鈨焊撅w不起來,因為膠合板比空氣重!”萊特兄弟反駁道:“不,他們能飛”。萊特兄弟也是夢想家;“三明治伯爵”和弗朗西斯“培根”爵士……要不是因為他們培根生菜番茄三明治(BLT)就只剩下生菜和番茄了,他們是夢想家;還是做三明治的。
Caldwell: It's not over yet.
卡德維爾:還沒完呢!
Barry: Vincent van Gogh. Everyone tole him, "You only have one ear. You cannot be a great artist." And you know what he said? "I can't hear you." Vincent van Gogh was a dreamer.
巴瑞:文森特·梵高,人人都說“你只有一只耳朵,你成不了偉大的藝術家”。你知道他怎么回答嗎?“我聽不見你說什么”,梵高是個夢想家。
Blind Person: I love to paint.
盲人:我喜歡畫畫。
Diner: Oh, really?
就餐者:哦,真的?
Blind Person: I love to paint.
盲人:我喜歡畫畫。
Diner: Wow, are you any good?
就餐者:哦,畫得好嗎?
Blind Person: I don't know.
盲人:我哪兒知道?
Diner: Of course not.
就餐者:說的也是。
注:如視頻無法播放,請刷新