重點講解:
1. intend doing sth.
想要;打算;計劃做某事;
eg. I didn't intend coming to Germany to work.
我沒有打算來德國工作。
eg. He did not intend paying the bill.
他不打算付賬。
2. all of a sudden
突然地;出乎意料地;
eg. All of a sudden he turned about and saw me.
他突然轉過身來看見了我。
eg. I was sitting quietly reading when all of a sudden a stone came hurling through the window.
我正安安靜靜地坐著看書,突然從窗外飛來一塊石頭。
3. pipe up
(在沉默了一陣之后)開始說話,開始講話(尤指說出令人吃驚或奇怪的事情);
eg. 'That's right, mister,' another child piped up...
“沒錯,先生,”另一個孩子突然說道。
eg. At which point I piped up and asked whether it might be at all possible to have some positive input.
在此我插了一句詢問這事兒是否會產生一些積極的投入。
4. jump out of one's skin
嚇得魂飛魄散;大吃一驚;
eg. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw two rats.
他看到兩只老鼠,幾乎給嚇丟了魂。
eg. The sudden explosion made me jump out of my skin.
突然的爆炸聲把我嚇壞了。
5. in the world
(尤用于強調驚訝或憤怒)究竟,到底;
eg. What in the world is he doing?
他究竟在干什么?
eg. Where in the world were you when I was struggling for my life?
我掙扎求生的時候,你究竟在哪兒?
n. 竊賊