重點講解:
1. call out
命令…出動,請求…出動;
eg. I called the doctor out.
我叫了醫生。
eg. The fire brigade should always be called out to a house fire.
一旦房屋失火,就應該馬上叫消防隊來。
2. to death
(用于形容詞或動詞后,表示強調)……得要死;……得要命;
eg. Whereas 10 years ago I would have worried myself to death about it, now I accept it is part of the game.
10 年前我會為此擔心得要命,但現在我接受了它是游戲的一部分。
eg. I went out last night, but not for very long. I was bored to death.
昨晚我出去了,但沒有呆很久。我感覺無聊透了。
3. in that case
那樣的話;在那種情況下;
eg. In that case we will not look on with folded arms.
在這種情況下,我們不會袖手旁觀。
eg. In that case you'll have to clear yourself.
那樣,你只得自行辯白了。
4. all in all
總的說來;從各方面來說;總之;
eg. All in all, it has been a great success.
總的來說,非常成功。
eg. He has his faults, but, all in all, he is a good helper.
他雖有缺點,但總的說來,他是一個好幫手。
5. revel in
陶醉于;沉湎于;
eg. Cats positively revel in heat, whether natural or man-made.
貓確實喜暖,不管是自然的還是人工創造的溫暖環境。
eg. Meg could walk in the conservatory whenever she liked and revel in bouquets.
麥格不管什么時候都能到花房里去漫步,陶醉在那些花叢里。
vi. 狂歡作樂,陶醉 n. 作樂,狂歡