重點講解:
1. never mind
沒關系;不要緊;沒什么;
eg. Never mind. Accident will happen.
沒關系。難免會有意外。
eg. Never mind, next time I'm sure you can do better.
不要緊,我相信你下一次一定能做得好些的。
2. be stuffed with
填滿;裝滿;塞滿;
eg. My daughter asked me to buy her a pillow stuffed with feathers.
我女兒請求我給她買一個羽絨枕頭。
eg. His head is stuffed with silly romantic ideas.
他滿腦子天真的想法。
3. make up one's mind
拿定主意;下定決心;
eg. Once he made up his mind to do something, there was no stopping him.
一旦他下定決心做某件事,就沒有什么能夠阻止他。
eg. They gave me a week to make up my mind.
他們允許我有一周的時間作決定。
4. make out
把…弄清楚;理解;明白;(勉強地)辨認出,看出,聽出;
eg. I could just make out a tall, pale, shadowy figure tramping through the undergrowth...
我只依稀看見一個高個的模糊身影穿過了矮樹叢。
eg. I couldn't make it out at all.
我一頭霧水。
5. mixed-up
(常指因情感或社會問題而)頭腦混亂的,迷惑不解的;
eg. I think he's a rather mixed up kid...
我認為他是一個思想有障礙的孩子。
eg. I get mixed up about times and places.
我沒有時間感和方位感。
6. keep track of
跟上…的進展;掌握…的最新消息;
eg. With eleven thousand employees, it's very difficult to keep track of them all.
對于一支 1。1 萬人的員工隊伍,很難及時了解到所有有人的動態。
eg. Keep track of the time you actually travel.
把你旅行的實際時間記錄下來。
7. save up
儲蓄;積攢;攢錢;
eg. Julie wanted to put some of her money aside for holidays or save up for something special.
朱莉打算把她的錢拿出一部分用于度假或者存起來作特殊用途。
eg. People often put money aside in order to save up enough to make one major expenditure.
人們常常為了一筆大的開銷而存錢。
n. 慣性,惰性