Practice Time
練習時光
Clerk: Good morning, Madam. Can I help you?
職員:早上好,女士,我能幫您嗎?
Jenny: Yes, I've come to inquire about a six-thousand-dollar remittance from California. Has it arrived?
珍妮:是的,我來問一下一筆從加利福尼亞寄來的6000美元的匯款到了嗎?
Clerk: May I have your name, please?
職員:請問您的姓名?
Jenny: My name is Jenny Clinton.
珍妮:我叫珍妮·克林頓。
CLerk: I see. Wait for a moment, please. I'm sorry, Mrs. Clinton, but the remittance does not appear to have arrived yet.
職員:知道了,請稍等。很抱歉,克林頓太太,這筆匯款還沒到。
Jenny: Really? It should have arrived. It was sent a week ago.
珍妮:真的嗎?它應該到了。這筆款是一個星期前寄出的。
Clerk: If the money was sent by cable, it would have taken about one or two days. But if it was sent by airmail, it would take at least one week.
職員:如果是電匯,一兩天就夠了。但如果是航空,那至少需要一星期。
Jenny: Well, then I'll come again the day after tomorrow.
珍妮:好吧,那我后天再來。
Clerk: Or would you like us to phone you when the money arrives?
職員:或者錢到了我們可以給您電話嗎?
Jenny: That would be very kind of you.
珍妮:那真是太好了。
Clerk: Could you please tell me your phone number so we'll give you a ring as soon as the remittance has arrived?
職員:請您告訴我您的電話號碼以便款一到我們給您電話,好嗎?
Jenny: The phone number is 328-6765, extension 105.
珍妮:電話號碼是328-6765,分機105。
Clerk: Thank you. We will inform you in time, Good-bye.
職員:謝謝。我們會及時通知您的。再見。
Jenny: Good-bye.
珍妮:再見。