If you are a resident, you will find it useful to open a bank account.
居民在銀行開戶其實很有用。
All the large banks have a network of breaches across the country, and all offer similar services.
所有大型銀行都有遍布全國的支行網絡,都提供類似的服務。
A visit to any one of them will be a friendly experience.
去任何一個支行都能體驗到友好的服務。
However, to open an account, you have to be prepared to prove your identity in a number of ways.
然而,要開戶,你必須準備好以多種方式證明你的身份。
You will find your passport useful, but the bank will also want to see some form of proof that you are living where you say you are.
你會用到護照,但是銀行也想要看到你能用某種形式證明你生活在某個地方。
This can be proved by a housing rent book, a tax form, water or electricity bill for the property,
這可以通過房屋租賃書、稅務表格、水電費賬單來證明,
as long as it is in your name.
只要是你本人的。
In the bank and elsewhere, you may hear the term "utility bill", this simply refers to bills relating to the provision of services to your home,
在銀行等地方,你可能會聽到“費用單”這個詞,它是指與家庭服務供應有關的賬單,
such as electricity, gas, water and telephone.
如電力、煤氣、水和電話。
There are other local facilities, such as post offices, where you can save your money and have access to affordable low cost loans.
還有郵局等其他地方設施,你可以存錢,還可以獲得便宜的低成本貸款。
Where'd they exist in your local area?
你所在的地方這些設施分布在哪里?
Contact details can be obtained from the Citizens Advice Bureau.
聯絡資料可從市民諮詢處索取。