M: Come and sit down, Mary.
男:過來坐下,瑪麗。
W: Thanks, Mr. Davies.
女:謝謝,戴維斯先生。
M: Now which course are you doing?
男:你在上什么課?
W: I'm doing management studies with English and German.
女:我在上英語、德語和管理研究。
M: Aha, how is it all going?
男:啊哈,一切都好嗎?
W: Well, it's not going too well. I'm not really enjoying the course. And ... Well, I'm not very happy.
女:嗯,并不太好。我不是很喜歡這門課。和…嗯,我不太高興。
M: All right. Let's take things slowly.
男:沒事。我們慢慢來。
M: Tell me something about the course.
男:給我講講這門課。
W: Well, there is just so much work.
女:嗯,有很多的工作要做。
W: I thought that to do two languages with management studies would be very useful.
女:我以前覺得學兩門語言還有管理研究,是很有用的。
W: But I find the management course very difficult sometimes and then to study English and German too.
女:但我發現管理課程有時很困難,學習英語和德語也很難。
W: It means I'm working all the time. And I never have time to relax.
女:這意味著我一直在努力。我從來沒有時間放松。
M: What about your accommodation? Are you happy with that?
男:你的住宿呢?你對此滿意嗎?
W: Not really. I mean the other students on my course are living in the student dormitory.
女:不是非常滿意。我的意思是我這門課上的其他同學都住在學生宿舍里。
W: So they see each other all the time. I'm living in a rented room of a family house.
女:所以他們經常見面。我住在一個別人家里租來的房子里。
W: I eat breakfast and dinner with the family. But I get lonely in the evenings and the weekends.
女:我和這家人一起吃早餐和晚餐。但在晚上和周末我會感到孤獨。
M: So, making friends is a problem, too.
男:所以,交朋友也是個問題。
W: Yes.
女:是的。
M: OK. I'm going to make two suggestions.
男:好的。我想提兩個建議。
W: All right.
女:好吧。
M: First, which of the two languages do you enjoy most?
男:首先,你最喜歡哪兩種語言?
W: English. I find it easier, too.
女:英語。我覺得它比較容易。
M: So I'd like you to go and see your German tutor. And say that you are going to stop attending German classes for the moment.
男:所以我想讓你去看看你的德國導師。說明一下你現在要暫時停上德語課了。
W: OK.
女:好的。
M: Next. I think you should go to each of the five student dormitories, choose the one you like best and ask if you can move in there.
男:下一個。我認為你應該去五個學生宿舍看看,選出你最喜歡的一個,然后問問你是否可以搬進去。
M: Students are always moving in and out so that should not be a problem.
男:學生總是不斷地搬進搬出,所以這應該不是問題。
W: Thanks a lot for your advice.
女:非常感謝你的建議。
M: Not at all.
男:不客氣。