Man: Hello, Bill Isaacs ...
男:你好,比爾·艾薩克斯……
Woman: Hello. This is Fiona Holiday from the Financial News. I'm writing an article about the success of the Rezzo supermarket chain.
女:你好。我是財經新聞的菲奧娜·霍利迪。我正在寫一篇關于雷佐連鎖超市成功的文章。
Man: Great - well, business has improved here since the arrival of our new Chief Executive, Jane Rothwell...
男:很好,自從新任首席執行官簡·羅斯韋爾上任以來,我們的生意已經有所改善……
Woman: Sorry, that's Jane ...
女:對不起,是簡……
Man: Rothwell ...that's R-O-T-H-W-E-double L.
男:羅思韋爾……寫作R-O-T-H-W-E-L-L。
Woman: Thanks. Now, let's talk about your current position -1 believe Rezzo's have just announced their pre-tax profits...
女:謝謝?,F在,讓我們談談你目前的職位,雷佐剛剛公布了他們的稅前利潤……
Man: Yes, and the latest figures are one hundred and sixty-six million pounds for the six months to the end of September ...that's up eight million from the previous six months.
男:是的,最新的數據是截止到九月底的六個月共1.66億英鎊……這比前六個月增加了800萬。
Woman: What will that mean for shareholders?
女:這對股東意味著什么?
Man: Very good news - shares have actually more than doubled since March, from one hundred and fifty pence to three hundred and twenty-seven...
男:非常好的消息——自3月份以來,股票實際上已經翻了一倍多,從150便士漲到了327便士……
Woman: I see. So what are your sales figures like?
女:我明白了。你們的銷售額是多少?
Man: Well, sales per square metre are up eleven per cent ...That's two per cent better than forecast.
男:嗯,每平方米的銷售額增長了11%……這比預期高出2%。
Woman: Mm-hm ...and how was that achieved?
女:嗯嗯……這是如何實現的呢?
Man: Well, we've increased the number of special discounts we offer on product lines from twenty-eight to fifty-two.
男:嗯,我們已經把產品線的特別折扣從28個增加到52個。
Woman: So, do Rezzo's have plans to expand?
女:那么,雷佐有擴張計劃嗎?
Man: Absolutely. We're going to open two sixteen-thousand-square-metre hypermarket stores in January, and a further five or six are planned over the year.
男:當然。我們打算在一月份開兩家一萬六千平方米的大賣場,今年還計劃再開五、六家。
Woman: I see.
女:我知道了。
Man: And thirty-three per cent of the selling space in the new hypermarkets will be used for non-food items... that's up from twenty-five per cent in the existing supermarkets.
男:新的大型超市33%的銷售空間將用于非食品類商品……這一比例高于現有超市的25%。
Woman: Interesting. Thanks, Mr Isaacs, that's all I need.
女:有意思。謝謝,艾薩克斯先生,這就是我所需要的。
Man: Thank you.
男:謝謝。