Freshmen's Week
大一新生的一周
Britain has a well-respected higher education system and some of the top universities and research institutions in the world.
英國擁有受人尊敬的高等教育體系和一些世界頂尖的大學和研究機構。
But to those who are new to this system, it can sometimes be confusing.
但對于那些對這一系統不熟悉的人來說,這有時會讓人感到困惑。
October is usually be busiest month in the academic calendar.
十月通常是學年中最繁忙的月份。
Universities have something called Freshmen's Week for their newcomers.
大學為新生設立了新生周。
It's a great opportunity to make new friends, join lots of clubs and settle into university life.
這是一個結交新朋友,加入許多俱樂部和適應大學生活的好機會。
However, having just left the comfort of home and all your friends behind, the prospect of meeting strangers in classrooms and dormitories can be worrying.
然而,剛剛離開了舒適的家和所有的朋友,在教室和宿舍遇到陌生人的前景可能令人擔憂。
Where do you start and who should you make friends with?
從哪里開始,應該和誰交朋友?
Which clubs and society should you join?
你應該參加哪些俱樂部和社團?
Luckily, there will be thousands of others in the same boat as you.
幸運的是,會有成千上萬的人和你的情況一樣。
They worry about starting their university social life on the right foot.
他們擔心是否選對大學社團生活的正確方向。
So just take it all in slowly. Don't rush into anything that you'll regret for the next three years.
所以慢慢來。不要急著去做任何你會在接下來三年后悔的事情。