第13周 在機場
熒屏情景:
星期五 檢票候機 片段選自《聞香識女人》 Sent Of A Woman 34:15--36:06
Man: Good afternoon, sir. Where's our destination?
男:下午好,先生,目的地是哪兒?
Colonel: Our destination... New York City, home of the brave!
中校:目的地……紐約市,勇者之家。
Man: Two for the shuttle to New York.
男:兩位普通艙到紐約。
Colonel: I'm not shuttling anywhere. Look at those tickets. "First Class."
中校:我才不是普通艙。看機票,頭等艙。
Man: Yes, sir, first class.
男:是的,先生,頭等艙。
Charlie: You bought me a ticket? I never said I'd go to New York.
查理:你替我買票了?我沒說過要去紐約啊。
Colonel: What are you, some kind of chicken-shit, sticks to job description only?
中校:你是只敢照規矩做的膽小鬼嗎?
Man: Gate 46, sir.
男:46號登機門,先生。
Colonel: As you were, son.
中校:給你。
Man: Thank you, sir.
男:謝謝,先生。
Colonel: Which way's the door? Are you blind? Are you blind?
中校:門在哪里?你瞎了?你瞎了嗎?
Charlie: Of course not.
查理:當然沒有。
Colonel: Then why do you keep grabbing my goddamn arm? I take your arm.
中校:那你猛抓我手干嘛?我抓你的手。
Charlie: I'm sorry.
查理:抱歉。
Colonel: Don't be sorry. How would you know, watching MTV all your life?
中校:別抱歉了。不知者無罪,你一輩子大概都在看音樂電視吧?
Charlie: Yes!
查理:是的。
Airline Stewardess: Jack Daniels.
空姐:杰克·丹尼爾。
Colonel: You bet.
中校:好。
Airline Stewardess: And Diet Slice.
空姐:低卡汽水。
Colonel: The old Diet Slice.
中校:低卡汽水。
Airline Stewardess: And a water.
空姐:再加一杯水。
Colonel: Thank you, Daphne.
中校:謝謝你,黛芬妮。
Airline Stewardess: Certainly, sir.
空姐:不客氣,先生。
Charlie: How did you know her name?
查理:你怎么知道她名字?
Colonel: Well, she's wearing Floris. That's an English cologne. But her voice is California chickie. Now, California chickie bucking for English lady. I call her Daphne. Oh, big things may happen to that little thing of yours.
中校:她擦“芙蕾絲”,一款英國香水,但是她又有加州腔,加州小妞向往英國淑女,所以我叫她黛芬妮。小小的把戲可以發揮很大作用的。
Charlie: Look, Colonel, I'll get you to New York, all right?
查理:中校,我陪你去紐約,對吧?